Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

5BN late archery

Well had our best shot tonight on water, had a decent bull come in to 30 yards behind our blind and of course walked downwind !!! Dang it

• Like 1

Water Water Water. I just had 6 a bull tag and had elk swimming in pond + 3 bulls still in dark (13 minutes before shooting light😡). It is warm and dry out there. Good luck!

Well there was carbon in the air twice tonight and my buddy killed 2 trees. Going to be a long night of explanations !!! I've heard 3 versions now 2 of which had acting out physically and one was on paper !!!

• Like 1

Keep your eye on the prize. Here is a 5b bull from my cam in 5bn 4 weeks ago. I also killed on the late archery hunt on day 9 last year after over 100 hours in a blind and a huge upset putting a bad shot on my target bull. Stick with it it sounds like your on the rite track. Good Luck

post-11517-0-99734100-1511869814_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-21035600-1511869978_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Right on. Ya we have a bull like that big one I've seen 2 times but the hunter was in another blind. Now we are camped in one spot til we get him or Thursday hits. Cold this morning

• Like 2

Is the world still out there? Been in the woods so long I wasn't sure. We're still at it, 2 more days

My boy Jake found a broken elk tine to chew on while I was glassing. Found my first ever bear den today, crazy spooky. Man there are some deer scat that are large caliber up here! Close to elk diameter ! Wonder if it's a small deer with a large hole or a big ole mule deer?

post-10379-0-66451200-1511926769_thumb.jpeg

A couple shots of Jagermeister will help you ID the scat.

Went to one of our water spots and someone built a new blind next to my tree stand !! Most likely rifle guys getting ready I guess but sucks since they drove right to it in a razor and walked all over heck. We have been walking a mile minimum from the end of the road every time to not wreck the area. We even carried the stand the mile as well. I rode out to our back up spot today and there are 2 new tree stands opposite each other , that worked out ok since we are using one now, haha. I miss the wilderness, dang roads make hunting good for some but bad for others.

Good news is I saw 9 bulls while riding and one whopper!!

Just got in a hot shower and poured some wine, going to be a good night I think, my buddy hit the stand about 1:15, going to have Dutch oven chicken and dumplings ready when he walks back in the dark.