Sign in to follow this  
Mro111

20B Javalina-Archery

Hello Fellow Hunters

This year i drew for unit 20b Javalina Bow Hunt and was hoping to get some tips for this area.

Will be my first year hunting this Unit.

Thanks!

There are pigs all over the unit. Just takes some time behind the glass to find them. We hunt from Pleasant all the way to Bumble Bee with pigs in each area, just have to be patient.

• Like 1

Hike a couple of ridges away from roads, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

If you had a boat and could get just past humbug into the river a little and hike in you would be golden. I've killed a lot of pigs in 20b. We got 21 archery which I'm happy with as well. Pm me and I can give you some info

• Like 1

I drew 20b general javi this year for the seond year in a row. Last year we donated our tags to hunts for heroes. I am also looking for advice. I've seen pigs on Castle Hot Springs rd at night by Pleasant but that's it.

Get away from roads and you will be just fine! Just remember the ground doesn't lie, if there are no pig tracks there are no pigs where you are at. Find sign then get elevation and glass glass glass.

• Like 2

Get away from roads and you will be just fine! Just remember the ground doesn't lie, if there are no pig tracks there are no pigs where you are at. Find sign then get elevation and glass glass glass.

This is sound advice. I have found that most herds stay in a 1-1.5 mile circle year after year.

I love hunting these little guys and have spent a lot of time with biologists that have given me a ton of info on them! Herds tend to live 70% of their time in a 120 acres or less, core areas. If you find areas with lots of scat and different ages of tracks and some well used bedding areas that is probably a core area. Just get elevation and glass till they show, if it isn't the first day it will probably be the next. Most guys move around too much searching for them. If the sign is there then sit till they show...

• Like 1

Not trying to hijack this thread but Im helping a friends 14 year old daughter try to get her first big game animal on the youth hunt this coming season. She has the 20B/21 tag. Im open to any tips anyone is willing to offer. I havent hunted javelina in 10 years and last i looked my spots were all but dried up of stink pigs. PM info if youre kind enough to share. Ill update this forum on the hunt hopefully with a grinning kiddo and her first kill.