Smokers

41 replies to this topic

#31 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

56 cents if you have SRP.

All over Az in the big red truck

#32 cjl2010

cjl2010

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Dang put me on the spot. draws 6.5amps 120v. brisket or shoulder roast tops 9 hrs, chips maybe 4 hand full, you can do more or less

I have APS so probably $15

#33 Shedhunteraz

Shedhunteraz

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Our family enjoys shed hunting, glassing, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. We are an outdoor family. I ( wife) am the avid shed hunter. It is a huge passion of mine, and I do it every chance I get.
Im doing another brisket on the traeger thurs night Ill post pics. 15lb usually do it for 16-18 hrs. Sell me your scope and buy a traeger
No matter how responsible he seems, never give your gun to a monkey

#34 cjl2010

cjl2010

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
Haha I tried! It sat around too long so yesterday it got thrown into a new set of Hawkins rings.

#35 bustedknuckleinc

bustedknuckleinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
Love my Green Mountain Grill. Takes all the guesswork out. It also has WiFi so you can set and monitor temps and it will send you various alarms ie low temp or low pellets.

#36 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

I have APS so probably $15

SRP is 8.03 cents per KW. You can go online and see what APS charges but then they do peak too. I have an old Brinkman smoker and use El Diablo Mesquite Charcoal.

All over Az in the big red truck

#37 cjl2010

cjl2010

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
You guys are awesome, a lot to digest here.

#38 wildwoody

wildwoody

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts
  • Interests:hunting , fishing, outdoor sports, and helping others

all this talking about smoking,  i think i need to fire mine up this weekend.

#39 Vowell

Vowell

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Predator Hunting, Fly Fishing, Reloading
Heres a pic of mine, Ill be upgrading to the Yoder YS460 soon. This is a Teton from the NWTF that I won at auction. Works great, smoked 3 turkeys at one time. Two 14lbs and one 17lb

A1FAB980-9975-4D95-B72A-21AB967A4A65.jpeg

"Courage is being scared to death..... and saddling up anyway"

“A man ought to do what he thinks is right”

John Wayne

#40 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fitness, gunsmithing, reloading, custom rod building, fly fishing, archery hunting, packing mules and horses.
I have done both traditional wood in homemade smoker and right now use a master built Home Depot dual fuel smoker with propane and wood. I can run 8 rib racks or 4 brisket. It does need babysitting but I like working around the house and smoking all day. The dual fuel helps with consistent temps and the wood gives the flavor. Hickory is good and I also like citrus wood I got from edge. My next toy will be the wireless meat thermometer that is a must. Very soon when hunting season is done I will be building another smoker and go back to wood only. If you can run a wood stove you can get a smoker to run with little fussing
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#41 6ANut

6ANut

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Interests:6A is my play ground.
Man lots of good stuff on here and I will post up some pics next time I get my smoker rolling. I'm old school and baby sit the heck outa my fire. I have a few friends that have a tregar and they love it. I have an offset smoker and it was quite the learning curve but once you get to know your smoker you really can keep a constant temp for hours.

"Whether your talking about Bees, Dogs, or Women, Pain can come upon you Quickly, with either one of them." Phil Robertson 

"I just pulled a backstrap jihad"  Ted Nugent

"Never shoot a Large caliber man, with a Small caliber bullet" Lone Survivor.

If someone doesn't hunt the way you do, that doesn't mean they're doing it wrong. - 6ANut

#42 NOTAGS

NOTAGS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors (except yard work)

Okay, dont judge me but  I have have four Traegers.   One 32  biggun for large groups, my Pro22 for everday use, an old Lil Tex at my place in Mexico, and a  Tailgator for hunting camp.  The big thing with the Traeger, is you can smoke, grill and bake.  I cook  biscuits  on mine that are so flakey, with  hint of smoke that  will  drive you nuts.  Pizza, tater tots, cookies, french fries,pigs in a blanket.... the list goes on and on.  I have a Weber lp stainless that only gets used to blister green chilis each summer, or keep what I cook on the Traeger warm till needed.  I started with a previously mentioned Traeger knock off, returned it after a fiery fiasco.  Ol man Traeger got it right!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users