Sign in to follow this  
themax_ak

Swap fishing on the Kenai River for hunt info

I have a boat and a cabin on the Kenai River in Alaska and will swap out some fishing time on my boat for some hunting information (good spot to hunt) or a hunting partner. I'm here for the season and have a motorhome and pickup truck and am hunting alone. email thejacks@gci.net

Max Jackson

What are you interested in hunting?

Are you looking to hunt in any particular part of the state??

Let us know and you will likely get lots of info

:ph34r:

What are you interested in hunting?

Are you looking to hunt in any particular part of the state??

Let us know and you will likely get lots of info

I'm pretty flexible. I used to hunt down south near Douglas until they shutdown acess through the Snure Ranch. I also tried the Chiricahua mts south of Wilcox, but never found an area I liked. I've also looked over some of the area in The Tonto south of Payson. I'm used to hunting from treestands in Wisonsin, so don't know how to hunt these Coues deer. I've successfully stalked other critters with my bow for the last 50 years. I'd like to find an area 2 to 3 hours from Mesa where I can leave the motorhome and hunt from my truck or trail bike. I can then drive the truck into Mesa when I need to.

Max

:ph34r:

[/quote

I just Booked a fishing trip for end of July out of Gustavus (glacier Bay).We went out of Sitka last year and had a ball,but the only opening was first of July.We wanted to go later this year so the silvers would be running better and bigger.I could give you some hunting spots for mule and coues.My email is narnold@farmersagent.com

Noel

Tony,

I am really looking forward to going.One of our friends that is going lives in Alaska and he says it is one of the most scenic spots. Last year at Sitka was my first time to Alaska and I fell in love.

Noel

If you have extra time while you're in Gustavus, book a trip on the tour boat that leaves from the Glacier Bay NP lodge. It's a well spent few hours. Of course, you'll probably see many of the same areas on your fishing trip. -TONY

No. I was just curious. I am a legal registered guide on the saltwater. I know that private boaters who offer their services for trade are walking a fine line legally. It might be better to say "Looking for a hunting partner who might want to become friends and join me fishing in Alaska as well". Otherwise legally you may not trade or barter services. That would be considered guiding. Alot of us pay big money and have years and hundreds of thousands invested to be able to offer those services. Not making a stink rather just giving you a heads up. Good luck on your quest.

If you're in Mesa, and don't mind walking, you're about 1 hr from some really good wt spots. let me know if you're still interested.

SunDevil,

Your killing me. :blink:

--Bill

I would love to go to AK again. Grew up spending the summers up there from when I was 9 until I was 19. Caught a lot of nice fish. If I was going to go again it would need to be for about 2 weeks and getting that much time off would be difficult without leaving time for other vacations.