Sign in to follow this  
metau

Where to fish for the new year?

I will be back from China in time for the holidays and am planning on taking a week for vacation before heading back over here. I want to relax on a beach for a week and get a few days of fishing in while I am there. I primarily fly fish, but have always wanted to try my hand at pelagic species. I've done the Bahamas for bones in October, but not sure where would be a good choice for December/January. I've been look at the pacific side of Costa Rica and Panama, but am also curious about places closer, like Cabo. If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations, I would love to hear them. Thanks.

only thing that sucks about san jose del cabo is you cant even put your feet in the ocean unless you have a death wish.

Why is that?

Personally I have always wanted to go to Tropic Star.

only thing that sucks about san jose del cabo is you cant even put your feet in the ocean unless you have a death wish.

Why is that?

Personally I have always wanted to go to Tropic Star.

because theres nothing to break the swell coming in like in cabo san lucas. you will get sucked out to sea quick.

panama has great fishing but its way off shore compared to costa rica. meaning the boats are way more expensive if you want to go for marlin and big tuna.

Belize for salt water fly. Bones, permit, tarpon. You can even get into some blackfin off shore

Costa Rica for tuna, marlin, rooster.

Planning a trip to Costa Rica myself for next summer.

San Jose del Cabo is on the Sea of Cortez side of the Baja and is safe. You are thinking of the places that are on the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo San Lucas

San Jose del Cabo is on the Sea of Cortez side of the Baja and is safe. You are thinking of the places that are on the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo San Lucas

No I'm thinking of San Jose del Cabo, you can't go in the water on hotel row. The waves still hit square maybe you're thinking of east cape.