Sign in to follow this  
TOBY

20c youth hunt success or suckfest...

After five days with a rookie, my niece closed the deal on a little spike the last day. Managed to see a total of 6 dink bucks. Was a great learning-teaching hunt for her. A big thanks to G&F for ruining a good unit with more "opportunity".

• Haha 1

We went 3 out of 4 on the Jr hunt. We saw a ton of bucks. The last tag would have been filled but he’s a 11 and was tired so he didn’t want to go back out after hikeing the days prior with his siblings. Seems like there’s more deer in 20c every year

We have a tag starting the friday in there for a week...There is 50 tags so hopefully the deer can calm down some...

Seems like there’s more deer in 20c every year

There is not. Multiple years of 1200 tags and december hunts has ruined this unit unless you can get on Maughn ranches or do your homework.

Congrats on your success.

There is not. Multiple years of 1200 tags and december hunts has ruined this unit unless you can get on Maughn ranches or do your homework.

I dont know man I agree with oz32p we hunt it every year mainly for yotes, quail and archery deer all year long. been hunting since 1982 I see more and more deer in the last 5 than I have at other times.we dont hunt the roads or 2 tracks either we just walk the nasty steep canyons..

Daughter was at the base of yarnell hill and decided to see how far she could go to the top. she saw more deer in 4 hours than we saw in 2 weeks. she made it half way to the top before the cliffs got to her. I sat on my butt and took a nap.

that unit is hard to glass deer and thats one reason why people dont see many as its very thick in the canyons. heck just on the popular roads driving to and from some of the spots we hunt we see then along the hills or crossing the dirt.

I was always skepitcal about the number of tags over the years 1200 and surprised every jan during the archery hunt how many we see and some very good sized bucks. we never hunted east of yarnell hill or south of 89. usually hit the hill and start walking. north and up. or some of the other mountain ranges

After five days with a rookie, my niece closed the deal on a little spike the last day. Managed to see a total of 6 dink bucks. Was a great learning-teaching hunt for her. A big thanks to G&F for ruining a good unit with more "opportunity".

Congrats on her deer thats freaking awsum

I’ve been hunting the public land in 20c for 15 years. The unit has been in the rise for the past 5 years

We know what you think TOBY. You come on and piss and moan about every season every year.

• Like 1

Im with oz31P- I have no problem finding bucks on just about any hunt in there. From the low desert, to up on top off Wagner, deer seem to be on the rise.

Awesome!Congratulations to the hunter!

Any buck, even a "dink" buck is a good buck especially if it is your first. Congrats on getting it done.