Sign in to follow this  
dsears71

Daughters First Bull

Well gents just got back yesterday from my daughters first bull hunt in 22N. My buddy and his dad also had tags so we all went together. It was a tough year and had to deal with some in unethical hunters. Found a lot of nice bulls day before the opening of the season but as you all know after the first shot they all run and hide. We had a couple of nice 7x7 picked out but someone had them set aside for some clients I guess. It only took 12 shots to kill one of them. My daughter was bummed but thats hunting. She kept her head high and pushed on and it payed off her and my buddys dad killed theirs on the third day and my buddy on the last day. This is one proud dad she not only help quarter him out she packed two of them on her own. For any of you that hunt that unit you know what I am talking about. It was a good year for her first hunts she killed a mule deer in the kibab also wow and we just found out she is going to graduate high school a year early with honors yeah!post-11270-0-20708900-1512948566_thumb.jpegpost-11270-0-99779000-1512948620_thumb.jpegpost-11270-0-15257900-1512948742_thumb.jpegpost-11270-0-30419200-1512949058_thumb.jpeg

• Like 17

Congratulations! Nice job having a successful hunt despite dealing with some knuckleheads. Even bigger congratulations for having such a great daughter and raising her right.

Not sure what is going on with the clients of outfitters this year, but it seems that just about every outfitter I know personally has had client shooting struggles. I think they have averaged 10 misses to every hit, many from under 100 yards. I'd lose my mind. I have absolutely no problems with guides or people hunting with guides, but it seems to me that more and more that the average client feels that his checkbook is doing all the prep work needed. One buddy I recently talked with said his client stated his rifle was driving tacks, but kept missing. After a little more probing about the "tack driving" the client explained that it was dead on when he sighted it in for his previous hunt 5 YEARS EARLIER?!?!

• Like 2

That smile says it all! Great job.

Being somewhat jaded, and shooting seriously about 90% of weekends, and well over 2500 centerfire rifle rounds this year, it is mindboggling how many people do not prepare for a hunt by shooting in real world conditions and verifying zero and ballistics.

But not everyone has the means, opportunity and drive to ensure this aspect of a hunt. A lot of guy get a gun, get a scope, get it bore sighted, buy a box of ammo and go hunting without even firing a shot. Those are all the pick up racks we find over the next year.

• Like 4

Great year!! Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Nice job having a successful hunt despite dealing with some knuckleheads. Even bigger congratulations for having such a great daughter and raising her right.

Not sure what is going on with the clients of outfitters this year, but it seems that just about every outfitter I know personally has had client shooting struggles. I think they have averaged 10 misses to every hit, many from under 100 yards. I'd lose my mind. I have absolutely no problems with guides or people hunting with guides, but it seems to me that more and more that the average client feels that his checkbook is doing all the prep work needed. One buddy I recently talked with said his client stated his rifle was driving tacks, but kept missing. After a little more probing about the "tack driving" the client explained that it was dead on when he sighted it in for his previous hunt 5 YEARS EARLIER?!?!

I feel the same some people just don’t have a concept on what it really takes to hunt time behind the trigger to scouting out animals. The just pay the fee and take the picture. I don’t know how those guides do it I would loss my mind and take the gun from them .

Great job to all 4 of you!!! Way to put the time in and get it done.