Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

Offroad tires for Ram 2500 diesel

Time for new tires on my Ram 2500 diesel. Towing a 30' fifth wheel, but also off-roading when I hunt. I've run the "pseudo-offroad" tires that came on the truck and got stuck pretty easily in mud. Getting rid of the current BFG KOs after maybe 35k miles and going with something else...any good recommendations for diesel towing and off-road? I know there's nothing for best of both worlds, but lots of choices out there that look good.

A couple I've been reading about...Nitto Terra or Ridge Grapplers, Toyo AT or RT, Pro-Comp or Cooper AT3. Thoughts or experience with these on a diesel appreciated.

I had bad results with nitto terra grapplers on my 2500 ram diesel. 15k miles and wore out. I rotate religiously too

I had bad results with nitto terra grapplers on my 2500 ram diesel. 15k miles and wore out. I rotate religiously too

Thanks. Any youd recommend that worked well for you?

I'm running the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on my 2015 2500. Been great so far.

I had the complete opposite on mine. When I was single i rotated every 2000-3000 miles and got something like 55k out of my first set.

• Like 1

I had the complete opposite on mine. When I was single i rotated every 2000-3000 miles and got something like 55k out of my first set.
How about now that youre rotating them on a more realistic schedule? Or did you sell the Ram? I cant remember...

How about now that youre rotating them on a more realistic schedule? Or did you sell the Ram? I cant remember...

I'll admit, my 2nd set was more neglected.... probably 25k.