Sign in to follow this  
azbullelkman

Any Sign of Rut Activity for Archery Hunt in Southern Az?

29 isn’t the only unit that isn’t open in December. Check the regs...

Yes, there are a few but not many.

I was told it is due to a certain outfitter killing to many on the private ranches he has access to.

And you were told to what has been shared to others as well. Sucks for the DIY guys when they get the shaft.

Who is it I'd like to book with him

Just check to see which outfitter lives in that area and petitioned the game and fish regarding the closed season in Dec and

shortened season in Jan.

Just check to see which outfitter lives in that area and petitioned the game and fish regarding the closed season in Dec and

shortened season in Jan.

lol what

The fact that you think one outfitter has the ability to convince the department to close / change seasons and or hunt dates is truly comical...Contrary to popular belief there's an enormous amount of data that is in play when season and hunt dates are chosen. This one or more outfitter may have been vocal but there's no chance he and he alone convinced the WM and the department to close or change season dates. Anyone who told you otherwise is either lying or very misinformed.....The department could careless what ANY outfitter wants.......They don't make their money off outfitters or what they want.....

shortened season in Jan.

Or have them change it so an outfitter can only hunt a unit every other year.

I don’t think the outfitter wanted to unit closed. But due to their high success while shooting baited whitetail deer....so I heard

• Like 1

Screenshot_20171205-181225.png

This is a different group of does I see often. This buck showed up with them a few days ago.

looks like we live in the same place. Probably not though. Saw a buck like that last year Christmas Day chasing does. Not big enough to shoot near home even though I legally can, I prefer to watch them.

So this info you heard.....Did the individual who passed this on contact the department.....Did you pass on this info......Were the bait piles seen? If so were there pictures taken ...Any of the clients contacted by the department....Lots of ways to put an end to this if in fact it's true......It would seam hard to believe that an entire unit / season would be closed because one outfitter one one ranch had a high success rate....

So this info you heard.....Did the individual who passed this on contact the department.....Did you pass on this info......Were the bait piles seen? If so were there pictures taken ...Any of the clients contacted by the department....Lots of ways to put an end to this if in fact it's true......It would seam hard to believe that an entire unit / season would be closed because one outfitter one one ranch had a high success rate....

All this happened when baiting was legal. And it wasnt just one ranch it was unit wide. Outfitter had nearly 100% success rates and the amount of archery deer killed by outfitter and all other hunters in unit supposedly exceeded the percentage allowed for archers in the unit. Thus the shortened seasons. Not sure how they come up with all the numbers as there is no mandatory reporting. Anyway, the outfitter fights every year to get seasons reopened.

Brian

• Like 3

Sounds like someone is affiliated with a company that rhymes with swards swoutfitters......

• Like 3

All this happened when baiting was legal. And it wasnt just one ranch it was unit wide. Outfitter had nearly 100% success rates and the amount of archery deer killed by outfitter and all other hunters in unit supposedly exceeded the percentage allowed for archers in the unit. Thus the shortened seasons. Not sure how they come up with all the numbers as there is no mandatory reporting. Anyway, the outfitter fights every year to get seasons reopened.

Brian

dang sounds awesome