Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Sonora Fishing 12-10

When I got back I ordered like 20 jigs

Which ones?

kastmasters, crippled herrings, gomame, gomuku, 1.5-5oz. pretty much anything will work the dude down there uses a 3.5 oz unpainted lead jig and he was catching them.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with Megabaits on yellows.

the cheaper the better down there i feel like. you have to deal with sierras and they cut you off like hot knife through butter.

it is amazing how well those "naked" unpainted, lead jigs work. Sierras can be terrible. Sea lions can also be brutal. Diamond jigs, krocodiles, kast masters, any of them work good as long as they are shiny and swim good. some guys have started making jigs out of butter knife handles and they work just fine. Swim baits work good also but the trigger fish can really do a number on those rubber tails. cut bait is always good for bass and triggers.

• Like 1

I hear that. First cast ever with a megabait was at the baitbarge in the Bay in SD. Got a hook up and was bringing it in and a sea lion stole my fish and my megabait. Hero to zero! The whole boat got a good laugh from that one!

• Like 1

last year, had a big bull steal a 20 lb yellow tail. we hooked it trolling. we followed that sea lion for 4 - 5 minutes hoping he would bite the fishes head off. never happened. had to break the line. lost my yellow tail and my $25 XRap. Ticked me off!!!

last year, had a big bull steal a 20 lb yellow tail. we hooked it trolling. we followed that sea lion for 4 - 5 minutes hoping he would bite the fishes head off. never happened. had to break the line. lost my yellow tail and my $25 XRap. Ticked me off!!!

you need the rapala vip account, the x rap 30's are 13.50 right now.

bare unpainted stuff. works. and the best corvina lure ever is a 4" length for hollow radio antenna with a treble hook tied on the line to hold it. lol.

lee

Used to go to Puerto Lobos all the time in the 70s and early 80s with my dad. We snorkeled and trolled a lot not far from shore since we only had a 14 aluminum but did fairly well with Long Rapalas and large single hook chrome spoons catching grouper and sardinera. If we used bait we only caught trigger fish or rock bass. We camped in the larger cove about a mile down the beach from town and never had any problems.

• Like 2

Used to go to Puerto Lobos all the time in the 70s and early 80s with my dad. We snorkeled and trolled a lot not far from shore since we only had a 14 aluminum but did fairly well with Long Rapalas and large single hook chrome spoons catching grouper and sardinera. If we used bait we only caught trigger fish or rock bass. We camped in the larger cove about a mile down the beach from town and never had any problems.

sounds awesome

• Like 1

$25? No way I'd lay that out for a lure. No way.

$25? No way I'd lay that out for a lure. No way.

They work.

jpxyjm.jpg

• Like 1