Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Gonna need another safe

Well, don't tell the wife, I bought a rifle today and the safe is already full. Cabela's was having a sale on the T/C Compass rifle. I watched a lot of review videos online since the Compass came out and it is suppose to be a heck of a gun. T/C guarantees MOA with quality factory ammo so we will see. They cost of the gun was $299 on sale and then T/C has a $75 mail in rebate, so for $225 I will have a brand new 6.5 Creedmoor. They had to ship from a different store so I will have it by next Friday. Plenty of time to look up load data and dust off the reloading bench. Also to figure out how to tell the wife.

• Like 2

I'd have a helluva time passing up that deal and I really don't need another hunting caliber. Know how the lack of room in the safe goes. We bought a second, smaller safe a couple of years ago and its full now that my son is getting older and we're getting him set up!

• Like 1

Good deal. I got a 6.5 for $219 black Friday deal. I gotta go to Cabelas though to pick it up. It was a savage with accutrigger.

This is going to be my 14 year old daughters rifle. I got my older daughter a Savage 7-08 with the accutrigger about 4 years ago. With all my wife's firearms, the kids rifles, shotguns and muzzle loaders, my firearms, and my dad giving me all of his firearms, hence the reason I have two full safes and getting a third. When the kids move out I plan on them each taking a safe with them. Then I get to start over :D .

• Like 1

This is going to be my 14 year old daughters rifle. I got my older daughter a Savage 7-08 with the accutrigger about 4 years ago. With all my wife's firearms, the kids rifles, shotguns and muzzle loaders, my firearms, and my dad giving me all of his firearms, hence the reason I have two full safes and getting a third. When the kids move out I plan on them each taking a safe with them. Then I get to start over :D .

That's the situation I'm in! What a situation to be in, huh?!?! Right down to the Savage 7-08 for my daughter and another Savage 7-08 for my son! Awesome deal for you and your family!

Also got the 6.5 for my 15 year old daughter and the 7-08 for my 13 year old son. Can't wait to see how the creedmoor shoots. The 243 which was meant originally for my gun shy daughter is now going to be the official hand me down gun to the next 3 kids. 9 year old will be 10 just in time for next years hunts.

• Like 2