Rock30golf

9mm carbine

9mm is amazing out of a rifle length barrel.

I used a Ruger PC40 to take one last year on the general hunt. A friend used to use his Barretta 9mm for them, so I think you'd be fine.

What carbine do you have?

Id bump that up a little. A 45 would be the smallest Id consider. Probably use the Buffalo bore rounds. (If they make that for a 9mm it would make things easier for you)

I called in a herd to a few yards and nailed the meanest looking scarred up javelina Ive ever seen at 4 yards with a 223. Hit him square in the chest and he went down. Trying to scare the other ones off and this guy gets up and runs into the worst cactus/cat claw patch known to man. Acres of it. You could see the tunnels underneath of the canopy where they had

Made their highways. I looked for a full day and had to leave. I never recovered. Youd think a .223 is big enough for a football with legs.

I had enough gun but it didnt do the job. I hunt pigs with an 06 now- that usually does the trick and drops them where they got shot.

Id hate for you to have track down something you hit with a smaller caliber and not recover. If you do use a 9mm see if

Buffalo bore makes a bear round for a 9mm

The first Javelina I ever shot was with a TC in 223 at about 40 yards. It knocked it off it's feet and it never got up. That was about 30 years ago so my guess is your bullet didn't expand. I also took one two years ago with an AR at about 70 yards but shot it twice. I have used archery, 223, 22-250, 243, 357 and 7-08 (100gr). This year I will use 10mm on the HAM hunt and a new Axis in 243 shooting 55gr Ballistic Tips.

Id bump that up a little. A 45 would be the smallest Id consider. Probably use the Buffalo bore rounds. (If they make that for a 9mm it would make things easier for you)

I called in a herd to a few yards and nailed the meanest looking scarred up javelina Ive ever seen at 4 yards with a 223. Hit him square in the chest and he went down. Trying to scare the other ones off and this guy gets up and runs into the worst cactus/cat claw patch known to man. Acres of it. You could see the tunnels underneath of the canopy where they had

Made their highways. I looked for a full day and had to leave. I never recovered. Youd think a .223 is big enough for a football with legs.

I had enough gun but it didnt do the job. I hunt pigs with an 06 now- that usually does the trick and drops them where they got shot.

Id hate for you to have track down something you hit with a smaller caliber and not recover. If you do use a 9mm see if

Buffalo bore makes a bear round for a 9mm

What bullet were you using? Frangable bulletsndo weird stuff at high impact velocities.

We have shot javis from 18 to 250+ yards with a AR pushing the 69 SMK, and none went more than 30 yards.

I would think a 9mm from a carbine would be plenty for shots out to 150 or so with a good bullet.

Ive killed em with about everything, including a 9mm handgun. The only one that went awry was a .243 with a 60gn hollow point at less than 20 yards. I drilled him with the first shot and when i bent down to handle him he hopped up and ran. Had to shoot him again.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, the one I shot at 7 yards and closer, with 185 grain bullets grin a 45 ACP I had to shoot 3 times! All three times in the vitals!

I am probably taking my 38 super for the handgun hunt this year. It is just a tad more oomph than a 9mm. I might take the 9mm with +p+ ammo if I don't take the 38 super. The 9mm +p+ stuff is about the same speed as 38 super factory ammo.

I would take a 9mm carbine for sure. A buddy of mine took his years ago with a 22 mag rifle.

Harley

64 grain.

And yeah.. I dont think it expanded well.