Sign in to follow this  
singleshot

Mexican wolves chasing huge elk herd

This group of 8 wolves, three collared pushed this huge herd of elk on top of us opening morning. probably 35 bulls in the mix. You can see their mouths wide open and tongues hanging out, ( the elk ). A couple of the six points tempted us but we had four big bulls located and in range. When all this commotion happened the big bulls got out.

https://youtu.be/eNTFRDGXGGA

• Like 1

That whole group went through the saddle below us right before the wolves showed up. The elk on video were less than half of the herd. The group on video ran into my brother and turned and came right back into the saddle.

Cool experience, thanks for sharing!

Guess I missed the part where they chased the herd? Elk looked pretty calm to me. What I do know is you could have went 8 for 8!

Guess a guys got to produce documentary-style BBC Planet Earth quality footage of the chase before he can be believed...

• Like 3

Cool experience, thanks for sharing!

Guess I missed the part where they chased the herd? Elk looked pretty calm to me. What I do know is you could have went 8 for 8!

Guess a guys got to produce documentary-style BBC Planet Earth quality footage of the chase before he can be believed...

Absolutely. I'll take nothing less.