Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

6.5 creedmoor starting point

So I was able to pick up my wife's ruger American predator right before Christmas. All my reloading goodies should be here in the next day or two. Just looking for a starting point. Looking to do some ladder tests this weekend.Thanks

41-42gr of H4350 will give excellent results. I have also found 48-48.5gr of Reloader 26 to also work well with incredible speeds.

• Like 1

H4350 start at 39.0, up to 44.0, but stop when you hit pressure. Usually 41.0-43.0 worked best in the rifles I have developed loads for behind 130-140 HVLD & Hybrids.

I got good results from Hodgdon Superformance in one too, pushing a 143 ELD-X.

I bought my older daughter a Savage Axis 2 in 6.5 CM for Christmas, so I will be starting load development on it in the spring.

• Like 2

I agree with Stomp442. 41 to 42 grains of H4350 with Berger 140 VLDH. I am loading 41.4 grains. I believe this is over book max, so work up slow. My Savage Model 10 magazine allows me to seat the bullets pretty long, so this may also affect your powder capacity vs. mine. I am using CCI BR2s with this load.

Do yourself a favor. Go to Sportsman's and buy a box of the bulk Hornady ammo shooting 140 grain match hollo

w points.

They were on sale for $110 for 200 rounds. I bought them for the brass, but they shot half minute in my rifle with only an 8 FPS velocity spread over 10 rounds through the Chrono. Needless to say I went back and bought two more boxes so I should be good for a while! I reload for all of my rifles, but why reload when I can get that performance 4 much less than the cost of the components.

H4350 start at 39.0, up to 44.0, but stop when you hit pressure. Usually 41.0-43.0 worked best in the rifles I have developed loads for behind 130-140 HVLD & Hybrids.

I bought my older daughter a Savage Axis 2 in 6.5 CM for Christmas, so I will be starting load development on it in the spring.

Did you get the XP?

Sportsman's was out of all factory loads for 6.5 Creedmoor except for the new Remington which have soft points -- I suspect you lose the balistic coefficient with it.

Did you get the XP?

Yes. And got a $50 mail in rebate with it too.

RE: the Hodgdon Superperformance with the 143 ELD-X, what's a good starting point with that powder, trying to get away from being so reliant on H4350 and want to try Hybrid 100 and or SuperPerformance

Remington 700 5R in 6.5 Creedmoor

We have had exceptional results with all the IMR Enduron powders weve tried (4451, 4955, 7977). Not only are they temperature stable they have their copper fouling eliminator technology.

IMR 4451 is almost a direct replacement for H4350. The Hodgen rep at the Shot Show said he wished more people would switch from H4350 to IMR 4451 because of availability.

Im trying to get my hands on 8133 (retumbo speed) for my STW.

Lance I know your shooting ELD-X. Whats your thoughts.? Im starting load Development now for my 6.5 creed . Im going to start at 41 to pressure signs. Any thoughts on max range performing ?

Is the h4831sc not a good replacement for h4350?

Itll work but your velocity will suffer. A little too slow for the creedmoor.

Lance I know your shooting ELD-X. Whats your thoughts.? Im starting load Development now for my 6.5 creed . Im going to start at 41 to pressure signs. Any thoughts on max range performing ?

Depending on final MV (2750-2850), I would think 650-800 on deer, 500-600 on elk.