Sign in to follow this  
browtine

Got a grandpa Christmas eve

Hey guys just thought I'd share a pic from last weekend. The family and I went up hunting for Christmas weekend. It was a amazing weekend and the deer we seen chistmas eve I don't know if I'll ever top. They were rutting hard seen 6 4x4's 2 3x's and a few smaller ones and does. After w blown stalks I decided to set a sping that was only 1/4 mile from camp. I glassed till 9 and let it warm up and went to the spring around 10 with my son by my side. My wife and daughter were going to hunting another waterhole. At 12:30 here came a doe and it's so thick I'm only 30 yds from the water she winded us 10 yds before the spring. She turned left and headed up the hill. Right behind her was another doe and this grandpa, he never even looked my direction his nose was 2" behind the doe. Well I said what the heck and hauled but out of the blind and up the hill out of the thicket with my son right on my right hip. As soon as I get to the top of the hill and it opened up the doe headed right for me. She turned with the buck right behind her my son says 56 yds dad. he was slightly quartering away and I hit him a hair back. Sounded like a gut shot I was angry at my self. We head to get mom and sis to let my nerves settle and get help tracking blood. My son and wife were on the trail 150 yds later there he lay. The shot entered between the second and third last ribs and came out 3" behind the other shoulder never hitting a rib. he died in a dead run it looked like.this guy is broke up from fighting and battle scars all over. Bigest body deer i have ever shot. His teeth are about wore completely down. He's no record breaker by no means but I couldn't be happier. I do wish he wasn't so broke up on his left side but still very blessed. So blessed to have the family along for the hunt. Wife's turn next weekend. Thanks for reading. Good luck.

post-14600-0-26249400-1514337494_thumb.jpg

post-14600-0-42676000-1514337562_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Nice buck sounds a lot like mine this year, broken and beat up but still rutting hard. Shot mine with his nose up a does rear end .Hunting the rut is a blast!

Hey browtine

was this buck with in a few miles of some houses? I think I have a pic a buddy of mine took of him in velvet earlier this year, he'd been chasing him hard but never got close enough to get a shot. yours kinda looks like the one on the lower right

post-14908-0-29388600-1514440856_thumb.jpg

Hey browtine

was this buck with in a few miles of some houses? I think I have a pic a buddy of mine took of him in velvet earlier this year, he'd been chasing him hard but never got close enough to get a shot. yours kinda looks like the one on the lower right

It does?

• Like 2

Hey browtine

was this buck with in a few miles of some

houses? I think I have a pic a buddy of mine took of him in velvet earlier this year, he'd been chasing him hard but never got close enough to get a shot. yours kinda looks like the one on the lower right

It does?

There is a ranch with a house and a barn I would say 3 miles away other than that I would say 20 miles from any other houses. That I know of. He has 2 broke off his right and all 4 broke off his left.

Thanks for looking and the comments guys. Heading bk up tonight to try to get wife one. Can't wait to be in the woods. Dang work.

Hey browtine

was this buck with in a few miles of some

houses? I think I have a pic a buddy of mine took of him in velvet earlier this year, he'd been chasing him hard but never got close enough to get a shot. yours kinda looks like the one on the lower right

It does?

There is a ranch with a house and a barn I would say 3 miles away other than that I would say 20 miles from any other houses. That I know of. He has 2 broke off his right and all 4 broke off his left.

Thanks for looking and the comments guys. Heading bk up tonight to try to get wife one. Can't wait to be in the woods. Dang work.

I thought he was a 3x3 my bad, that back fork on his right and the front fork look close to the same angle wise thats why I was just thinking.

Good luck

Great job on the granps