Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

Coati down!!

Congrats. They are cool critters. Ive killed a few over the years. You are REALLY lucky one didnt get ahold of your dog. They are HEII on them. Id rather my dog tangle with a lion i think. My buddy lost 3 hounds to one a few years ago.

I can't imagine losing 3 dogs to one based on what I observed with their teeth and skull/jaw anatomy- they've got claws but they aren't going to kill anything with those either like a bear or cat might... Were they hounds or teacup yorkies or what?

He did get ahold of one before I intervened and it was able to hobble off... bit him on his muzzle but wasn't much of a wound. It did swell up pretty good though so I've got him on antibiotics to avoid a bad infection.

They were lion/bear hounds. Good ones too. It was a great big, lone male. Looked like it latched on to the dogs and scratched their stomachs out with it’s claws. One dog died on site, another a few hours later and one a couple days later from infection if i remember right. Really a bad deal. The real big ones probably push 25-30lbs. Last one i shot was somewhere in that range i bet

Congrats. They are cool critters. Ive killed a few over the years. You are REALLY lucky one didnt get ahold of your dog. They are HEII on them. Id rather my dog tangle with a lion i think. My buddy lost 3 hounds to one a few years ago.

I can't imagine losing 3 dogs to one based on what I observed with their teeth and skull/jaw anatomy- they've got claws but they aren't going to kill anything with those either like a bear or cat might... Were they hounds or teacup yorkies or what?

He did get ahold of one before I intervened and it was able to hobble off... bit him on his muzzle but wasn't much of a wound. It did swell up pretty good though so I've got him on antibiotics to avoid a bad infection.

They were lion/bear hounds. Good ones too. It was a great big, lone male. Looked like it latched on to the dogs and scratched their stomachs out with it’s claws. One dog died on site, another a few hours later and one a couple days later from infection if i remember right. Really a bad deal. The real big ones probably push 25-30lbs. Last one i shot was somewhere in that range i bet

Wow, that is nuts. I suppose I could see them being able to rake a dogs guts out with those back claws if they were super strong and nasty. Hopefully I'll have a chance to kill a big male next time!