Sign in to follow this  
Omotose

Dumb move - lost shotgun

Pulled a bone head move last week. Dog and I have been traveling all over hunting quail, jumping ducks, hunting dove. Ive had two shotguns in the Jeep, 12 gauge for ducks, 20 for everything else. We were in 20C last week. I had just checked this tank for ducks and was headed back to the Jeep when this guy pulls up. I unloaded the gun and propped it up on the passenger side tire. I loaded the dog up and proceeded to shoot the bull with him. Well a few minutes later he takes off and I hop in the Jeep and leave as well. I figure out the next day the 12 gauge is not in the Jeep. I drive out to the tank and sure enough, guns gone. Somebody got a real nice, 3.5 camo Duck gun made in Italy!

Crap happens man. I ran over a bow once. Just this last week I got in a fender bender at the gas station and I bet its going to cost a lot more to fix that than to replace your gun. Take care and don't beat yourself up too bad.

• Like 1

That blows man-- your normal routine of operating was interrupted --. This happens a lot , a tool that is hammered on us at the work place seems to help in situations like that .

A 2 minute drill of reassessing what you were doing before you were interrupted probably would have had a different outcome .

This has been a helpful tool for me at work and at home . Hopefully someone will see your post and do the right thing .

• Like 2

one can only hope it sees many more days shooting ducks even if its by someone else

I'd revisit and go and hope to find a guy using it in same spot - hope you had the serial #'s

some people would still hunt the same spot- it's a possibility!

total Bummer !

There are 2 local gun shops in town. The Gun Trader(928-684-2149) and some new one where the rancher bar used to be. Give them a call they might have guys trying to pawn it or turn it in. Call WPD(928-684-5411) just in case a good samaritan turned it in. It could happen...

• Like 1

I figure whoever picked it up would keep it rather than pawn it. It was a Franchi Intensity 3.5” 3 years old.

You'd be surprised. There are still a few honest people out there, some of which are CWT members.

• Like 2

PRDATR is right, I would go back and leave a note with your phone number in hopes of someone calling you. Good luck with your situation.

TJ

PRDATR is right, I would go back and leave a note with your phone number in hopes of someone calling you. Good luck with your situation.

TJ

Great idea TJ. I did this same exact thing with my SBE II when I first got married at a apartment complex. I quickly returned 30 minutes later 5am and got lucky. It was still there.