Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

My best ND whitetail!

Thought Id throw up a quick pic of my ND rifle buck from this november. Best buck Ive ever killed and probably will ever kill. I have no idea where this buck came from as I have no sheds or trailcam pics of him and I cant find any one in the whole county who has ever seen this buck. This is really unusual for our area as the deer are fairly visible in this flat country. I thought he was high 150s or low 160s when I shot him but hadnt seen a buck over 140 all season so I didnt study him much when I first spotted him, just knew he was a shooter. I was pleasantly surprised after I snuck in and shot him at 250 yards in a cattail slough. I couldnt believe how long his tines were! Despite being only 16 wide (inside) he ended up grossing 193 3/8. His G2s were nearly 13 and his main beams were over 25.

post-2932-0-58072000-1515266923_thumb.jpeg

• Like 20

The left antler scored 92 4/8! I think he was only 4.5 from what I could tell. Heres a couple more pics. Didnt get many as the guy I was with is all about getting back to breakfast and isnt up for a big photo session. The truck bed pick is of another buck we had just killed. Thats kind of the standard issue buck in our area, for every one big mature buck theres 10 like that and they have a hard time making it much older then that due to tag numbers

post-2932-0-17255600-1515364141_thumb.jpeg

post-2932-0-04322700-1515364178_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Those hides look thick, how much fat was on them?

A lot! Probably 2 thick on the top of the hindquarters. These are corn and soybean fed deer so they put it on pretty heavy. It was -28 here the other day so they need it to make the winter for sure! These are both young deer too. The big one is likely 4.5 and the smaller one was 3.5.

• Like 1