Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

Garmin Xero Bow Sight

I don’t think these would be legal for hunting here Arizona? I might be wrong but if someone knows the correct answer please chime in?

I don’t think these would be legal for hunting here Arizona? I might be wrong but if someone knows the correct answer please chime in?

Good question for sure. Hard to think that they would be illegal in my opinion. It's combining technologies already in use. Just eliminates that back and forth nature of using a handheld rangefinder and use of a slider for those that use an adjustable sight. Which could go a long way toward limiting some common mistakes. Also could go a long way toward increased accuracy and fewer wounded animals as a result. Certainly would be a personal preference call on use of tech which is always good conversation.

I am really curious about how that sight shoots and if it generates torque. The weight is listed at 14.7oz not including the 2 AAA batteries needed. That places it at about double the weight of my current sight. The balance of the weight would be the biggest factor there.

The feature to load data for multiple arrow profiles is just freakin saweet!!!

I dont think these would be legal for hunting here Arizona? I might be wrong but if someone knows the correct answer please chime in?

According to their website they are legal in Arizona.

That thing is awesome. We all knew it was a matter of time before these things hit the market. Rangefinder bow site or Swaro Binos???lol But seriously one less thing you have to carry / worry about ( range finder)..

I have mixed feelings. It looks cool and would hopefully improve random arrow flinging. But, and I am sure my comments will likely offend people (any snowflakes in here?), I think this may just be another tool to enable the lazy jackwagons, who don't want to get off their rears to put in time practicing with their bow, learning their equipment, etc., until the weekend before their hunt.

• Like 3

I have mixed feelings. It looks cool and would hopefully improve random arrow flinging. But, and I am sure my comments will likely offend people (any snowflakes in here?), I think this may just be another tool to enable the lazy jackwagons, who don't want to get off their rears to put in time practicing with their bow, learning their equipment, etc., until the weekend before their hunt.

I can see what you're saying to some extent. How does this sight make someone any more or less accurate in terms of arrow placement? It's only eliminating the need to go back and forth with the range finder. I get the nature of what you're saying for sure though. 1 more of many leaps in tech.

• Like 1

I can see what you're saying to some extent. How does this sight make someone any more or less accurate in terms of arrow placement? It's only eliminating the need to go back and forth with the range finder. I get the nature of what you're saying for sure though. 1 more of many leaps in tech.

^^^^ This right here...... The lazy jack wagons will still fail if they dont practice with their bows.

• Like 1

I see your points. A lot of my concern relates a lot to what we see in long range shooting anymore. Someone can hit a target with a rifle at a range at 100 yards, so he thinks he only needs to turn the turrets on their scope a bit and they are good to go at 1000 yards.

I see this potentially doing the same thing. Some guy shoots the weekend before his hunt in his backyard at 20 yards, and because this device, assumes he is now good to take ridiculous shots he has never practiced.

• Like 1

I hope they outlaw these. There's already people flinging arrows 100 yards. Dipshits will be taking 150 yard shots now.

• Like 2

FWIW

• By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached with the exception of lighted nocks and recording devices that cast no light towards the target and do not aid in rangefinding, sighting or shooting the bow.

https://pope-young.org/fairchase/

This will be illegal here in my home state of ND because we cant have anything electronic attached to the bow but I can tell you if I draw an AZ elk tag this year I will have one! Its a great design and wont cause people over shooting their comfortable distance any more then watching a Cam Hanes video or being a fan boy in Facebook. People that are going to over shoot their distance will do it no matter what. This will atleast allow archers that stay within their comfort zones to be more effective. I dont know how many times Ive drawn on an elk or deer after ranging them and had them move in or out and had to readjust on the fly. I think this will make for instant adjustment and in most ways be a positive thing. Obviously theres the downfalls of having electronics on your bow, (failure etc) but overall its orettt cool.

• Like 1

It’s cool, can’t say I wouldn’t buy one. Really seems a lot more practical than trying to range and then aim. For some reason though that video made me want to start practicing with my long bow more than buy their gadget.