Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Show me your success! Im unable to chase right now. :(

Pig pole...

Canadian bear pole after 3/4 mile of stinkin jungle we gave up and buddy threw her over his shoulder. L.O.L. lucky she was not a giant. It was so dang thick it was like things were coming out of ground to grab and teip you like a horror movie. Heck I didnt even carry the bear and fell a dozen times. 😂

post-2359-0-88501600-1518126680_thumb.jpeg

post-2359-0-97573200-1518126694_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Very cool. Would have liked to see it up swinging. The whole pig on a stick thing was something I'd never done before and wanted the photo opp. so decided to set it up since we wanted to move that boar to a better location for quartering and boning with more large flat rocks for clean surfaces. Came out pretty cool. Those are my brothers in the photo.

I just had another week added to NO walking IM GOING CRAAAAAAAZY. Stitches now all out but doc says any weight on it I might pop open like a banana WHO SAYS THAT TO A PATIENT? L.O.L. point taken though. :) so gonna have to keep those pictures coming thru Ham hunt at least. :)

What exactly did you have done? I'm scheduled for mine on the 28th... :unsure:

They didn't even detach the Achilles but I had a mass on it so they had to cut on it/debridement also bone spur on heal had to be removed. The Achilles issue is just side effect from my strange arthritis I guess. Problem is each time I'm recovering from 1 of these im scheduling for the next :/ uncontrollable inflammation causes tendon/soft tissue abnormalities and none spurring. Guess the good part is I rarely get sick. L.O.L. unless I take the meds that are supposed to help the 1st part of this but they never do they just cause illness. Chemo type drugs, shots, infusions etc. All quite common in Gulf War Sommalia guys. :(

dang that is rough. I am having partial knee replacement... :(

• Like 1

Nice job ladies and gents , I’ve shot a lot of sh!t , many pigs too , but they have been kicking my a$$ for some time now . If you got a good heard manage it , and keep your mouth shut to others , these things it seems are smarter than we think ...

• Like 1

Nice job ladies and gents , I’ve shot a lot of sh!t , many pigs too , but they have been kicking my a$$ for some time now . If you got a good heard manage it , and keep your mouth shut to others , these things it seems are smarter than we think ...

They are underestimated for sure.

On a separate note, anyone else realize how dang hot it is right now? Every pig we’ve seen today has been near water.

• Like 2

I could not agree more...^^^

• Like 1

Thanks to Desertmafia, the 10mm got work this morning.

That just makes me mad I didnt buy the dang 10mm goodies for my G21 :( I debated 1 day too long. Congrats!

Very cool. Would have liked to see it up swinging. The whole pig on a stick thing was something I'd never done before and wanted the photo opp. so decided to set it up since we wanted to move that boar to a better location for quartering and boning with more large flat rocks for clean surfaces. Came out pretty cool. Those are my brothers in the photo.

I know the pig on a stick was laughed at in another post BUT meat contamination is the main reason people end up disliking javelina meat. So many of us tie javelina up after gutting and haul pig a mile or more over our shoulder or around neck or the 20 postions we switch to while carring in 75-85 degree temps out of desert all the while we are rubbing the gland against us and transferring dried blood and gland juice from clothing into cavity of javelina.

The pole is great choice or If ya happen to kill on somewhat level ground skin that sucker on the spot and quarter and haul out separate. Meat in pack and whatever else tied to pack. If just doing Euro skin head out and leave the rest.

Someone posted in this thread his broken leg from his fall while hauling javi and I can't even count how many times I tripped and had my javi help shove me into rocks or cactus or twist knee or ankle while hauling out all awkward carrying like stupid purse. The pigs I hunt are in stupid rough country that's hard to hike even without a stinky, slippery, scratchy, cactus filled dead body on my shoulders throwing my balance off. And last season I caught myself about passing out cuz I decide to not quarter till bottom of mtn and I realized seconds before eating dirt I was totally cutting off my circulation the way in was carrying him, yes i saw stars. 😂 duhhhh

I agree. That is actually why we were moving him without even gutting was to get him to a suitable spot with some good surfaces to sit quarters and then bone. I'm guessing we only moved him a 1,000 yards or less, but found great spot in the bottom of a shady rocky wash. Had him quartered and boned in bags in less than 45 minutes, and then straight on ice in the cooler. Great meat!

• Like 1