Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Out of state hunts

I do the hurt cattle company, fair chase for sure, $3800 for a bull. I here theres some good and reasonable hunts in Montana

• Like 1

Did a bull tag 10 years ago. Was $1500 and a night in a motel. Wasnt really hunting but the meat was well worth it.

but thats how a real historical buffalo hunt should be lol

• Like 4

BlueRooster huntin Ranch in Snowflake, AZ I believe have buff hunts starting at $2,500

• Like 2

After killing 1 years back in N.M. then my cow hear is 2016 I think I have decided every 2 years I'm gonna go out of state and shoot 1 to fill freezer. 👍 amazing meat!

Wait that means this year is my year 😃

• Like 4

My hunt was 1978 bull at Houserock Valley. I was one of the first ones out and was told a big bull was at a tank a couple miles away. Yeah, an agfd officer had to go out with you back then. "We" got within 150 yards and I got lucky and put a bullet a couple inches below his horn. It was like he was standing on a rug and somebody pulled the rug out. He did a backflip and was done. My brother in law went out the next day and was tickled a photographer wanted to ride and take pics. Bad part was the photographer didn't say he was part of PETA and was documenting the "horrors" of hunting

• Like 3

Never been on a buffalo hunt but would definitely like to one day. Some friends have gone and described it the same way as others on here and I agree the meat is excellent. He went to Montana but I remember it costing more than these prices. I’ll find out where they went and details on cost.

Did a bull tag 10 years ago. Was $1500 and a night in a motel. Wasnt really hunting but the meat was well worth it.

Where'd you go? How much meat is on a cow vs a bull? I'd love to kill a buffalo.

Where'd you go? How much meat is on a cow vs a bull? I'd love to kill a buffalo.

Bulls can weigh twice the weight of a cow which usually max out about 1100 to 1200 pounds.

• Like 2

I agree about 1/2 the meat from a cow, but the cows with butter fat are tasty, still a lot of meet.

northern New Mexico on a turner ranch. The guide was met on this site. Hes out of Phoenix and was a nice guy. Dont remember his name. Ended up with about 800lbs of meat. Good stuff. Ill do a cow if I ever go again