Sign in to follow this  
Beaton

Is it a tough archery pig season?

I've seen the exact opposite in southern AZ...

I'm seeing more pigs than ever in the usual spots and pigs in spots I've seen few...

They all over...

It's been a mid day feed pattern for all critters for 2-3 weeks from what I've seen and trending to midday and evenings better than mornings...

It's been a mid day feed pattern for all critters for 2-3 weeks from what I've seen and trending to midday and evenings better than mornings...

Are you in coues country or muley? It's strange I glassed a couple hills today that I've never not seen deer on but last couple days it's been a ghost town where I've been looking. Even at last light and first light. Only does

Mule deer...

During the rut deer change their pattern somewhat. Doe herds are disrupted as they are hanging with bucks, etc.

The only difference I have noticed so far was it felt like summer packing these suckers out!. All kidding aside, I have noticed minor differences this season.

I had a camera on a "pig cave" last year and like clockwork they would roll in at around 11pm and sleep til about 8-8:30. They were never there until 9am. This year we checked it out because we couldn't glass up pigs and to my surprise, a small group came busting out at 9:30am and surprised the heck out of us. Also, It seems the usual herds are not getting up for the afternoons as early, I was waiting for pigs to come out in the evening to pick one off and they waited until almost dark to exit out of some boulders. I wouldn't have thought this year was different until looking back at our experience after reading through these posts. Haven't been able to get out much due to too much work as well.

Good luck to you guys, hopefully you draw blood soon!

I had several herds I was able to find in December and thought I would be able to go in in January and get my son on one for his first time however I have not been able to find a single one of those herds again in 37b

I had several herds I was able to find in December and thought I would be able to go in in January and get my son on one for his first time however I have not been able to find a single one of those herds again in 37b

I think Big Browns chased them all out.

• Like 1

We have seen a lot of Javelina but all of them have been in the afternoon. I have not glassed up Javelina on the morning sun slopes all season. they have all been down lower and on the flatter type ridges. Our group is 2 of 6 as of now and have 1 more weekend to get it done.

I've been trying to find a pig in 37B for the last 4 days with zero luck! Very frustrating season!!

Ive been trying to at least see a pig in 37B for 15 years!!!

Not to be a wise guy but I've never seen more pigs per outing than I have in the last month.

Trying to get into my tree stand in the pines.

Screenshot_20180115-211318.png

At water every day I sat it.

Screenshot_20180115-211431.png

Underneath the stand.

Screenshot_20180115-211439.png

Relocating in coues country.

20180115_211618.png

Busting up coues stalks.

Screenshot_20180115-211453.png

And struck.

20180115_215715.jpg

I had the 37B last year and it took me a few days to put it together.

Think they want you to take them home as pets. :) hopefully everybody is catching on and remembering for the most part it's still stinking dry and water is a precious commodity. 👍 some Of the urban hunters wondering why pigs active at night and answer is WATER IS BY HOUSES in urban environment.