Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

It pays to treat people right.

Did a termite inspection for a guy that did not have termites. I told him he did not a treatment as my boss also told him the same thing a year earlier. He still wanted to do it anyway. While doing the job i asnswered his many questions and basically bullshi**ed with the guy. Noticed his little off road truck and asked about it. Turns out he wanted to get rid of it and didnt want to really hassle with it. I asked him how much and he said "I'll give it to you". I said "what??". Sure enough he just wanted it gone. All it really needed was a battery and tires. I guess it was a chase vehicle for baja races. It handles off road like a champ and is wicked fun to drive. I even offered the guy my commission on the job $300 and he said no. post-14299-0-05915500-1516162773_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

could you have imagined what you got if you told him he had bad termites , then fake fixed his problem. you would have been a hero he may have givin you his wife ;)

truck looks cool, perfect off road truck

could you have imagined what you got if you told him he had bad termites , then fake fixed his problem. you would have been a hero he may have givin you his wife ;)

truck looks cool, perfect off road truck

The old truck might be a better deal.
  • Like 2

That's very cool!!!!! It definitely pays to be honest and professional!

How much is the termite inspection?

Inspections range from $65 to $95 depending on how far away. Treatments are another story if they are subteranain. Sub jobs range from $1,500 - 2k. Around here. I know the same company in the valley starts at $1,200 which is pretty fair.

The other cool thing is the dude lives right close to parker lake (35A) and his place butts up against state forest land. He has horses too. I told him he should let people camp on his property for hunts and also take people back and drop them off for their hunts to make side money. Hes a super nice agreeable guy. He is supposed to show me all around the back roads over there before my kids pig hunts coming up. Even though I live here I'm mostly familiar with the east side so I am looking forward to it. Im also planning on bringing him a bunch of game meat as a thank you.

• Like 1