Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Ramen and pho

The elk has provided, elk bone broth for ramen base and elk meat for pho.

Roasted beef shanks and pig tails then simmered in elk stock to make the ramen.

Did the same for the pho then sliced elk roast thin and poured pho stock over noodles scallions and cilantro. A squeeze of lime to finish it off. Had the ramen for dinner and breakfast the the pho for dinner tonight

post-10379-0-83041100-1516252594_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-21608000-1516252721_thumb.jpegpost-10379-0-32077800-1516253435_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Basically it's all in the stock. I use stock a lot so I pressure can a few times a year and always when I have game animals. Roast bones and scraps with onions garlic carrots celery in oven until browned then drop in a large stock pot with water to the rim. Slow summer for 6 hours min but I have gone shorter and up to 16 hours. Skim off scum as it simmers and then pour through strainer and put in jars. That's a base stock for any meat but all veggies can be done too. Now you can cook any noodles you like and pour stock over noodles

Soft boil egg , get a steamer going good steam then drop in eggs for 7 minutes only turning over half way through then pull the eggs and put in cold water bath. The trick to pealing soft eggs is to tap the two ends lightly to crack then place under water in bowl and peal that way. Soft boiled are tuff cuz they break open easy.

Pho stock is similar to base stock but adding cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, fish sauce, and I like Benito flakes also " thin shaved cured dried tuna ".

For real simple get top ramen and toss the packet of seasoning then boil noodles. Toss some meat in a pan and fry with little bacon or oil. Ounce cooked and browned pour store bought chicken stock or broth in pan and pour than in bowl with noodles. I like chicken thighs whole bone in so I can pick em clean during noodle eating and broth sipping.

• Like 1