Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Who is taking the kids out to chase pigs this weekend?

I'm excited to get back out and after the pigs this weekend with my son. His tag is for 37a, 37b, and 33, but we will most likely be down in 33 to see what we can kick up. He will be going after javelina number 3 to my big fat 0, and he reminds me about it frequently. It is going to be a crazy week, my little girl will be doing hunter's education Monday night through Thursday night this week. Fortunately there is no class on Friday. Hopefully we can find and kill a pig on Friday as Saturday morning it is back to the field day for her hunter's ed class.

Who else is going to be out?

My oldest boy (14 yrs) has 36 A,B& C. Going to start in B and work our way back through A if needed. Should be perfect weather. Past couple years it's been extremely hot & windy. Need to replenish the chorizo stock, the kiddos are blowing through the deer chorizo like it's going out of style.

My 10 year old daughter and one of her best friends each have two tags...20C and 17B/19AB/20A. We will be going to the YOU camp in 20C. Everyone is very excited.

• Like 1

You might want to re-think hunting them on Friday. These youth hunts don't start until Saturday the 27th. Wanted to point that out before anyone accidentally gets themselves in trouble since we're all so used to hunts starting on Fridays. I'll be in 20b helping a friends daughter attempt to get her first ever big game animal.

You go ahead and go on Saturday. We will be hunting on Friday the 26th, because that's when the regulations say the season opens.

Well I'm an idiot LOL. I was looking at 2017 regs. Sorry for any confusion guys. Thanks for correcting me. I'm going to edit my original post so no one else gets confused.

• Like 1

You might want to re-think hunting them on Friday. These youth hunts don't start until Saturday the 27th. Wanted to point that out before anyone accidentally gets themselves in trouble since we're all so used to hunts starting on Fridays. I'll be in 20b helping a friends daughter attempt to get her first ever big game animal.

You might want to double check your regs, I think you are looking at last years when the date was the 27th. This is from this year:

post-6408-0-05033400-1516639295_thumb.png

My 10 year old daughter and one of her best friends each have two tags...20C and 17B/19AB/20A. We will be going to the YOU camp in 20C. Everyone is very excited.

The YOU guys really know how to run a camp! Enjoy!!!

S.

• Like 1

My little buddy isn't old enough to do it for himself yet, but I'll be taking him for 3 Days on my hunt next month. We are both pretty excited!

• Like 2