Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Who is taking the kids out to chase pigs this weekend?

The boy passed on a 25 to 30 pounder (my on the hoof guess) at 30 yards. Pretty impressive for a young Hunter if you ask me. At his age I woulda shot. The funny part is an hour later he asked do you think we can find that pig again?

• Like 4

Well 36B paid off this morning for my 14yr boy. Absolute beautiful day, was slightly worried when the temp at milepost 13 on Arivaca Rd read 25 degrees. Got to our destination and found some pigs. Also found this old rock building, I'm sure if any of you guys hunt down here have come across it. Wonder what it was used for back in the day?

post-2173-0-75159800-1517093582_thumb.jpeg

post-2173-0-08584300-1517093608_thumb.jpeg

post-2173-0-33107900-1517093629_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

A herd ghosted in the morning but we found a group of two in the afternoon and my a perfect stalk to 26 yards. One down. Two to go

make that 2 down, one to go
make that 3 for 3.all done. Green chili sliders burger for dinner for me
  • Like 5

Saw 1 lone pig by itself in the first 1 min of glassing this morning. Went after him but he went up and over the top and we lost it.

Didnt take bow with me, didnt want to interrupt daughters hunt and of course I see a shooter buck. Deer were everywhere today.

• Like 3

Saw 1 lone pig by itself in the first 1 min of glassing this morning. Went after him but he went up and over the top and we lost it.

Didnt take bow with me, didnt want to interrupt daughters hunt and of course I see a shooter buck. Deer were everywhere today.

similar story here good bucks running crazy but didn’t want to spoil the kids hunt
  • Like 1

My hunter is down with the flew now, atleast he got a shot yesterday

My hunter is down with the flew now, atleast he got a shot yesterday

I know you didn't wanna hunt them you sure you didn't give the Hunter food poisoning or something?

Hopefully the Jr Hunter gets better and can maybe get a afternoon hunt in this week

Spent a day and a half in 20c with my 2 grandsons. Had to go home Sat. PM . After seeing pigs every time out during archery season, couldn't find them. One more 1 day trip next Saturday . Fingers crossed. Kill or no kill, still had a great time in the outdoors!

• Like 2

Went out this weekend in 22. Did not see any Javalina. The drought has been impacted their patterns. My oldest just glassed up a coyote and took him out.

• Like 2

Went out this weekend in 22. Did not see any Javalina. The drought has been impacted their patterns. My oldest just glassed up a coyote and took him out.

Javelina are very picky and they get super mad when people spell or say their name wrong. Try again after you fix post and possibly they will have forgiven you. ;)

Good luck!