Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

'Stink Pigs'

Alright Gents! If you are one of those guys that call javi 'stink pigs', can you please stop putting in for them and drawing tags??? I would really like more options when taking up left over tags. You don't like the meat and I'm not suggesting you should. They stink and taste awful - end of story.

Thanks for the consideration. :-)

• Like 2

Alright Gents! If you are one of those guys that call javi 'stink pigs', can you please stop putting in for them and drawing tags??? I would really like more options when taking up left over tags. You don't like the meat and I'm not suggesting you should. They stink and taste awful - end of story.

. While we’re at can we stop calling them pigs of any kind. They are not pigs, they are not related to pigs. They are javelina.
  • Like 4

There was like a gazillion tags left over, they need to go back to over the counter, and I just help the kids hunt them, I hate hunting them, only shot one 4 yrs ago to get a full body mount

Alright Gents! If you are one of those guys that call javi 'stink pigs', can you please stop putting in for them and drawing tags?"

Funny, but I feel the same way about "javi.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

Alright Gents! If you are one of those guys that call javi 'stink pigs', can you please stop putting in for them and drawing tags?"

Bill Quimby

Amen Bill. The term “Javi” makes me cringe.

• Like 1

B Quimby was a word smith, reporter, spin doctor, author, and writer for the defunct citizen. I would imagine that he cringes at most of the spelling, misuses of the english language, and down right ignorance of a lot of posters and posts. I know I do and I am just a ornery semi literate old cuss. Maybe some young geek could create for Amanda an auto correct program for this site with all words not just words like shoot. I think that coyotes deserve more respect than to be called yote. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Bill Quimby

You got me. I will make a promise to correct the err in my ways and give the great javelina of this country there hard earned respect due. Nothing but socially responsible and political correctishness going forward. Good talk. :-)

• Like 1

. While we’re at can we stop calling them pigs of any kind. They are not pigs, they are not related to pigs. They are javelina.

The funny thing is that, as a wildlife biologist who specializes in evolution and taxonomy, I know exactly what javelina are related to and even I've learned to go with the flow and call them pigs...sometimes even referring to them as stink pigs. I've even got my kids calling them pigs, although they absolutely know the reality. No matter what I call them, they are among my favorite things to hunt and they are great eating. But then I once ate a grasshopper on a dare and a cold pot roast MRE for breakfast, so there's that...

I've even started saying Cooooze, but that's a whole other debate and thread.

• Like 4