biglakejake

...more cowbell...

The tuna was a 10 day on the Royal Star and the 80# wahoo was 10 miles off Dana Point in a buddys boat a couple years ago during the El Nino. Ed F

• Like 2

flatheads took me long with microlight spinners at Mckelllips twice and took a 12 pounder. how big the parker fh was i will never know on 12lb felt like a nuke sub. the 22" rainbow at big lake died on the hook or i would never have seen her. the forkie at the coronados spooled me on a spinning rig with 20# line circa 1988 and i got it. never owned another saltwater spinner agin thank the lord.

lee

• Like 1

Ya man a coffee grinder has no place during a hot bluefin bite either. I'll never forget the carnage of gear I saw after a big school came through and a few guys with their spinning gear getting smoked and broke! LOL! We were on the Success and it took a little hollering by Cary to wake some of them up and grab the boat rods. It was a great display of how important it is to have functional gear and fresh line when the bigger models come through!

You dudes are still living in 1985. A Stella 18000 has 55 lbs of drag and holds tons of line. You guys are thinking of poverty 1980s penn 750 meant to be used with mono.

• Like 1

I cant stop thinking about fishing the Sea of Cortez now. Seriously, if my work schedule will allow it, I want to go in March for my wifes birthday. I really hope she has a good time without me in the Valley.

• Like 2

I cant stop thinking about fishing the Sea of Cortez now. Seriously, if my work schedule will allow it, I want to go in March for my wifes birthday. I really hope she has a good time without me in the Valley.

cabo memorial weekend.

You dudes are still living in 1985. A Stella 18000 has 55 lbs of drag and holds tons of line. You guys are thinking of poverty 1980s penn 750 meant to be used with mono.

LOL, so true! The guys I was talking about were a bunch of crusty old Korean war vet types using their catfishing rod that's probably been sitting in the garage in the Yuma heat since the early 80's! No doubt there is some excellent spinning gear now.

LOL, so true! The guys I was talking about were a bunch of crusty old Korean war vet types using their catfishing rod that's probably been sitting in the garage in the Yuma heat since the early 80's! No doubt there is some excellent spinning gear now.

Haha sounds like me in Mexico last month, I was using an old coffee grinder that had been sitting for 25 years with drags locked down. I lubed it up put carbontex drag in it, bought a cheap penn rod, definitely wouldn't use it for Tuna over 20lbs.

heck, you can buy a Penn Slammer 8500 that has 50 lbs of drag for $300. Those Shimano Stellas are BIG BUCKS!!!

• Like 2

heck, you can buy a Penn Slammer 8500 that has 50 lbs of drag for $300. Those Shimano Stellas are BIG BUCKS!!!

i just got a penn slammer 3 and penn fathom 25nld2

i just luv using spin gear in salt water-when i used to throw zara spooks with no hooks. the show was awesome and the reel and line held up for more than one cast.

lee