Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Opinions on used bows around $600...

I'm in the market for a new (to-me) bow. In the last couple years the last new bow I shot at the shop was the Mathews HTR and I liked it. Now that I'm looking to get me a bow, what would you suggest to be the best options? I want to stay under $600 if possible. Any input is appreciated.

• Like 1

There is a PSE EVO and OMEN on craigslist (Tucson) right now for $500 and another for $550 with arrows. I have a couple of old 2008 X-Force bows that I like.

Keep your eye out on camofire. I see PSE, EIite and Bear bows all the time. These are brand new bows the would fall below what you're looking to spend.

I just bought a 2015 PSE bow madness fully setup off of archery talk and was able to stay in my budget. Archerytalk is a great place. plenty of mathews HTR and newer bows for under 600. Everyone is looking to buy 2018 models and are willing to let there rigs go for cheap.

I have a 2015 Mathews nocam that sits in the closet almost never being shot. Probably has some where in the 300ish round count on it. Has a brand new vapor trail limbdriver rest on it, and I have a couple different sights we could put on it for the money you’re looking at. I e been meaning to put it on eBay for a year and a half but never get to it. Pm if you want more info pics whatever

• Like 1

Some of the older classics like the Martin Razor X from 2005 remain the most forgiving bows produced, although the velocity is going to be realistically under the 300 fps mark. The Bow Tech Black Ice and Assassin circa 2012 are bows with a lot of innovation for the time and great reviews. Prime has the parallel cam and centered cable thing figured out and tout "torque free" draw and shooting. This feature has been on their flagship bows for about 5 years now. There are many quality choices in a used bow. Figure out what draw weight and length you need and then look at brace heights, roller guide vs. slide, weight and balance. Alpine, Elite and Quest are some of the more "quiet" companies in terms of publicity but their products have a lot of features of bows twice their price from the more heavily advertised companies. Good Luck!

Some of the older classics like the Martin Razor X from 2005 remain the most forgiving bows produced, although the velocity is going to be realistically under the 300 fps mark. The Bow Tech Black Ice and Assassin circa 2012 are bows with a lot of innovation for the time and great reviews. Prime has the parallel cam and centered cable thing figured out and tout "torque free" draw and shooting. This feature has been on their flagship bows for about 5 years now. There are many quality choices in a used bow. Figure out what draw weight and length you need and then look at brace heights, roller guide vs. slide, weight and balance. Alpine, Elite and Quest are some of the more "quiet" companies in terms of publicity but their products have a lot of features of bows twice their price from the more heavily advertised companies. Good Luck!

I shoot the 2013 Assasin I bought in 2014 from Ross on sale for like 550.00 complete .... Great bow and they pack some speed... A little bit of a hump on the draw but makes up for it with speed... I love it part of me wants me a new bow and the other part of me doesnt want to let it to go...

I'm in the market for a new (to-me) bow. In the last couple years the last new bow I shot at the shop was the Mathews HTR and I liked it. Now that I'm looking to get me a bow, what would you suggest to be the best options? I want to stay under $600 if possible. Any input is appreciated.

If still looking whats your draw length?

I have a 2015 Hoyt nutrum turbo for sale within your price range