Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Sig P220 POI issue. I know off topic for this site.

Didnt know where else to post this question

I have a sig p220 extreme elite in .45. Factory night sights

It groups well. Im sure better if I was better. Great trigger

Anyway my point of impact is consistently low.

My sight pic is placing front sight dot in line with rear sight dots. Place front sight on the target.

With that line up Im considerably low. I read that Sig uses combat sights and I should completely cover the target which is unusual for me. Im sure I could change my sight line up to change point of impact by raising the front dot above the two rear but I feel like that gives an inconsistent sight picture

Anyone have any tips for me Or can a smith make an adjustment

Or do I just suck? Wait dont answer that

The group below was shot at 15 yards. I cant seem to adjust the pic to be up and down. Group is low. Not right

post-5454-0-84912100-1517170254_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Cover the taget and change your sight pictue or put a different sight on it. I can do it but I'm in Payson I used to work on those for my department

• Like 1

Grouping low is almost always slamming the trigger anticipating recoil. When I worked at Sportsman's, I tried to explain this to a gentleman who is complaining about his hand gun saying he needed hotter loads because everything was hitting low. He seemed offended!

• Like 3

If you are taking your time for each shot and it still shoots low you can put a smaller (shorter) front sight on it, this will move your poi up.

I could be slamming trigger. I’m far from an experienced pistol shooter. But I don’t have the same point of impact with other pistols I shoot in similar size and caliber. I feel really comfortable shooting this pistol. Might look into shorter front post

have you sat and rested the butt on something solid and slow fired a magazine to see where the impact is at 10 yds?

That is what I do when I get a new pistol, figure out how it shoots from the bench before I start offhanding groups

• Like 1

Cover and shoot. Most of my Semi Autos are this way. Exception being 1911. Sigs don't cover as much as HKs...at least for me. I am not a trigger slammer at all, and it is this way both freehand and rest.

It is like a girlfriend/wife, if its not working right, get rid of it and get a newer, younger model. That will help with getting your shot straight on the X.

N2horns. I have both. So I best just buy another pistol. Haha