Sign in to follow this  
core2

Strategy for the upcoming shed season

I am thinking they will drop up high this season due to the general lack of snow pretty much everywhere in the west. Last season they definitely dropped lower than past years. Snow line seems to have a big impact on where the sheds fall in the area I hunt. What do you guys think for your area?

• Like 2

My strategy is to get in shape 2 days before the season opens and then head to a spot where several ppl have already been looking since January and haul out their trash :)

DAN

• Like 17

My strategy is to get in shape 2 days before the season opens and then head to a spot where several ppl have already been looking since January and haul out their trash :)

DAN

Don't forget to ride your quad all over the forest...

• Like 2

Ive always watched for sheds but never intentionally hunted them hard until last year. I found 20+ sheds last year, the best Ive ever done in a year.

Im pretty excited to get out this year and I set up some cameras in December hoping it could help. Has anyone benefitted from using cameras for sheds?

I know they arent going to drop in front of my cameras but I figured it could give me an idea of how many antlers I should be looking for in a certain area and maybe even when they dropped if the bulls are showing up on camera often enough.

Either way i am excited to check to check some winter pictures. Ive never left any cameras out December-March.

I am thinking high as well. Went out scouting this past weekend and ever elk we saw were higher than normal. it is going to a bit of a tough year I would say.

• Like 1

don't forget your flat brim hat and plenty of mountain opps :D

If these kind of guys are out hunting chance old guys like me don;t stand a chance. I will just stay home on the front porch.

I am going to sit in camp drinking beer and flying my drone. When I find one I will send gps coordinates to my kids to go pick up.

• Like 4

Get one of those new lazer shed finders. Can locate a small spike up to 800 yds. with a little practice. You have to hold real steady. :mellow:

If you see quad tracks, youll know Ive been there and picked up every antler in the country side.

Where I Spring Turkey hunt in Unit 1 I allways found at least 1,and sometimes3-4. That was a + while Turkey hunting.....BOB!

• Like 1