• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

This year the kid walks behind me, tired of her walking on her own finding crap and I dont see it ;)

#17 Mathews

Mathews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:Sheddin, Hunting, Fishing, Fitness

go fishing.

How many times I gotta invite you

#18 azbugler

azbugler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Big Bull Elk

Ive always watched for sheds but never intentionally hunted them hard until last year. I found 20+ sheds last year, the best Ive ever done in a year.

Im pretty excited to get out this year and I set up some cameras in December hoping it could help. Has anyone benefitted from using cameras for sheds?

I know they arent going to drop in front of my cameras but I figured it could give me an idea of how many antlers I should be looking for in a certain area and maybe even when they dropped if the bulls are showing up on camera often enough.

Either way i am excited to check to check some winter pictures. Ive never left any cameras out December-March.

Ive had this same thought before but havent tried it yet. Seems like it would give you a great idea of how many bulls are in that area and when the majority of them dropped.

#19 GJMauro12

GJMauro12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Ive always watched for sheds but never intentionally hunted them hard until last year. I found 20+ sheds last year, the best Ive ever done in a year.

Im pretty excited to get out this year and I set up some cameras in December hoping it could help. Has anyone benefitted from using cameras for sheds?

I know they arent going to drop in front of my cameras but I figured it could give me an idea of how many antlers I should be looking for in a certain area and maybe even when they dropped if the bulls are showing up on camera often enough.

Either way i am excited to check to check some winter pictures. Ive never left any cameras out December-March.

Ive had this same thought before but havent tried it yet. Seems like it would give you a great idea of how many bulls are in that area and when the majority of them dropped.

Thats what Im hoping for. Im heading up this weekend and I dont know if its too early to start looking or not. Its probably a 7 mile hike one way to get to one camera right now with the roads closed. Cant decide if I should make the hike or just go glass. I Dont feel like hiking it if I dont have a chance for some sheds.

!!!ADDICTED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users