Sign in to follow this  
huntz

3b south

Btw I do and will put lots of rubber to the ground to find animals Ive just only ever hunted Muleys and am looking for help but I wont ask for help in a specific unit because finding where the animals are is halve the fun

Btw I do and will put lots of rubber to the ground to find animals Ive just only ever hunted Muleys and am looking for help but I wont ask for help in a specific unit because finding where the animals are is halve the

Btw I do and will put lots of rubber to the ground to find animals Ive just only ever hunted Muleys and am looking for help but I wont ask for help in a specific unit because finding where the animals are is halve the fun

You sound like a relatively new hunter, if you get either tag I will show you a few spots with very good bucks.

• Like 3

Btw I do and will put lots of rubber to the ground to find animals Ive just only ever hunted Muleys and am looking for help but I wont ask for help in a specific unit because finding where the animals are is halve the

You sound like a relatively new hunter, if you get either tag I will show you a few spots with very good bucks.

This is what I assumed also based on his questions which is fine since everyone has to start somewhere. There was no internet when I was learning so I just read lots of books and magazines and did a lot of trial and error trips and an awful lot of hiking since all I had was an old 2wd chevy truck with a six cylinder.

Saw those antelope by the midway store yesterday. Do they have horns right now?

They have them but they are small. Like seeing a bull in june. Think they drop them end of November and December and are back to full growth may or june.
  • Like 1

They have them but they are small. Like seeing a bull in june. Think they drop them end of November and December and are back to full growth may or june.

never understood antelope horns or sheds. I seen some bucks two weeks ago in 3A that looked pretty big in they had shed already. Do they all shed every year?

never understood antelope horns or sheds. I seen some bucks two weeks ago in 3A that looked pretty big in they had shed already. Do they all shed every year?
I always assumed they all shed them but I really don't know. Maybe they were confused this year since winter never showed up haha. I know my dad saw a big buck in 4b in November with a group of does and then about a month later he saw the same group in the same spot and he could tell one was the buck but he said he shrunk. So I guess he dropped or possibly was a different buck but I'd bet he just shed them recently.
  • Like 1

They dont shed completely like a deer or elk. If youve ever found a skull youll see the big bone projections sticking out of their head, they just start a new growth of tightly packed hair under there and that pushes the old sheath off, usually in late oct to November. So youll never see them without horns and some of the nicer bucks will look pretty good even after shedding but will grow significantly more horn as the year goes by.

• Like 4