If you have ever been around those Tanita scales and the way they weigh wrestlers these days estimating body fat and BMI.......crazy some of these kids at 4%!!! Have to have at least 6% or you have to have a doctors note saying that is normal for you.

Rumor is, Blue Ridge eats a gallon of ice cream and it throws the Tanita scales off :ph34r:

• Like 1

At age 23 I was at 6%, according to trainers but not sure how accurate. I know I was lean and mean for sure and riding Bulls and horses and in the gym 6 hours a day.

I was even pulling chicks at trophys pace. Hahha

At age 23 I was at 6%, according to trainers but not sure how accurate. I know I was lean and mean for sure and riding Bulls and horses and in the gym 6 hours a day.

I was even pulling chicks at trophys pace. Hahha

nice thing is you don't have to be 6% to pull Asian massage and backpage hookers

• Like 1

Here's and idea of what body % looks like

cuhp6XC.jpg

Ive looked into everything and have spent hundreds of hours looking into this stuff. One thing for sure you can ask any body builder, power lifter, health nut and they will tell you a different answer. Nothing adds up so what is it then??? Like trophyhunter says its a deficit in calories. But if you want Keto go ahead. If your body likes it go ahead. If you miss having pizza change it and try another one because I bet it will still work because you should be in a deficit. I started at 210lbs and dropped to 179lbs and now Im lifting weights and put on a few pound of muscle. All I do is make sure I hit 185-220 grams of protein and eat pretty healthy. If you do that fats and carbs will fall in place. But I wanted to not change my life style to only one type of foods. I still have sweets, ice cream, and candy but everything is way less then I used to. I make sure half my plate has protein, and then leafy greans/ vegetables/ potatoes etc etc. I never have treats every night, more like only a couple of times a week. Stop the soda, and watch my calories daily (because Im trying to gain muscle now I need to make sure I have enough but not to much)

But most health gurus have meet very little people who makes a life style for years and years on keto. Most die hards are usually doing the same thing and thats just having balance diet. But nonetheless its a great short term diet that people like.

Your body can not be "tricked." If you want to lose weight eat less calories than you burn, that's all a keto diet is for no magic happens.

Maybe you oughta look into the science behind ketogenic diets because it's a little more complicated than just operating at a calorie deficit.
losing fat isn't complicated.

2hxyfma.jpg

Again there is science behind it with your body going into ketosis and such. Cute chart though. Everyone I know that's gone on it has had impressive results.
Is that you Zac?
  • Like 1

Yes , yes it did! You can’t eat solid carbohydrates and expect to lose weight. If you take in protein and healthy fats only you will lose weight . And that what the Keto diet promotes . You can believe what you want to believe but I have seen the results.

Yes , yes it did! You can’t eat solid carbohydrates and expect to lose weight. If you take in protein and healthy fats only you will lose weight . And that what the Keto diet promotes . You can believe what you want to believe but I have seen the results.

i didnt say i didnt believe you lost 40lbs, i just told you why you did is all. i believe you. the other parts of your post are factually incorrect. you can lose weight eating "solid carbs" and you can gain weight eating nothing but protein and "healthy fats."

More and morr science showing a calorie is not a calorie. Rememer how we get calorie measurements and then remember how complex the body is. A caloric deficit is not exactly the same regardles of macro and micro nutrients. Yes they will be similar but there is a lot going on even down to individual tolerance of certain nutrients.

You want an extreme example try 5000 Kcal of Exlax!

Seriously we know it is not that simple and I will agree that I know no one who has not last weight and improved body comp on Keto. That being said it can get really old and some people dont do well with high fat, like Exlax 😁. But we do have to expect potentially different results using glucose for fuel vs ketones. We expect a different outcome in physics and chemistry based on the fuel being burned why would we fight the concept when it comes to human physiology.

If you really want to dig into the keto topic start by reading research from Dominic DAgostino and his work funded by NASA and the Defense Dept. he is an independent scientist trying to maximize performance based on research and would just as quickly recomend an all carb diet as keto if research supported it.

• Like 1

Steroids are a game changer. You will the same as you were when you were 16. As long as you aren't over eating too bad you can eat whatever you want and not get fat.