^ some people just want to over complicate things.

Steroids are a game changer. You will the same as you were when you were 16. As long as you aren't over eating too bad you can eat whatever you want and not get fat.

basically.

okay you win! :rolleyes:

I know nothing, got it.

• Like 1

For all you know it all's, keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure you are fit as can be. For the ones who would like to understand their body and weight loss Contact my wife at Life Style Spectrum she's the practice manager and the Dr. Frank Comstock is awesome. There is a lot more involved in being heathy/ weight loss then just the way you eat.

Life Style Spectrum 520-547-2820

I hate to start up an old thread but my personal experience has been that my caloric intake has remained steady around 2300 calories daily, but the food portions I now consume have gone down. Studies I have read show that fat contains 9 cal/gram and carbohydrates contain 4 cal/gram. I can keep my calories up by eating nutrient dense red meats and pork and adding in moderate vegetables. I started actually weighing my food as my protein to fat ratio was off with too much meat, so now I portion it out. I started January 2016 at 284 lbs and got down to around 220 with just watching what I ate and staying in a calorie deficit but I hit a wall. I tried all of last year to get below 220 and could not. I was getting depressed and wanted to go back to junk food. I started a nutritional Keto plan 6 weeks ago and was honest with myself when it came to tracking foods. Since then I am down three pants sizes and averaged last week at 197 pounds. I feel satiated constantly thanks to increased fat intake and thoroughly love the meals I cook for my family. Most meals are simple with 6ish oz's of meat and 1 to 2 cups of some type of veggie. I have taken daily photos and compiled it into a time lapse and I can now watch my "spare tire" melt away. Sometimes this program doesn't make sense with the foods that we eat, but results keep coming and my blood work has never looked better.

Even at 2300 calories at 197lbs you are about roughly 600 calories below your body maintenance level (TDEE) Your body will adjust and adapt to the type of foods you take in. Just switching over you diet a bit will kick it back into gear but the underline thing here is what trophyhunter is talking about is calories deficit. Im at 178lbs eating at 2500 calories for the past 10 weeks Ive been going down about a 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week. I usually eat ok and healthy but I cheat every day. This morning I had Dingdongs, last night I had popcorn and M&Ms so on and so on. As long as you burn more by the end of the day you will lose weight. You can also get fat by over eating calories with only healthy food too! If it works for you great and have fun doing it. But there are plenty of studies showing and comparing the different type of Fad diets out there and in the end they all add up almost the exact same. Besides who wants to give up pizza?? And yes I have pizza at least once a week with wings! Watch your protein and watch your calories is my moto.

I hate to start up an old thread but my personal experience has been that my caloric intake has remained steady around 2300 calories daily, but the food portions I now consume have gone down. Studies I have read show that fat contains 9 cal/gram and carbohydrates contain 4 cal/gram. I can keep my calories up by eating nutrient dense red meats and pork and adding in moderate vegetables. I started actually weighing my food as my protein to fat ratio was off with too much meat, so now I portion it out. I started January 2016 at 284 lbs and got down to around 220 with just watching what I ate and staying in a calorie deficit but I hit a wall. I tried all of last year to get below 220 and could not. I was getting depressed and wanted to go back to junk food. I started a nutritional Keto plan 6 weeks ago and was honest with myself when it came to tracking foods. Since then I am down three pants sizes and averaged last week at 197 pounds. I feel satiated constantly thanks to increased fat intake and thoroughly love the meals I cook for my family. Most meals are simple with 6ish oz's of meat and 1 to 2 cups of some type of veggie. I have taken daily photos and compiled it into a time lapse and I can now watch my "spare tire" melt away. Sometimes this program doesn't make sense with the foods that we eat, but results keep coming and my blood work has never looked better.

As for your blood work and foods that don't make since as long as you are below your TOTAL DAILY ENRGY EXPENDITURES (TDEE) which you are with 2300 calories your body will use the fats for energy and doesn't store any because you are burning up more then you take in. Even if you eat lots of sugars and fats and you are below TDEE your blood work will get better. Different story happens once you are on a calorie surplus which you already know since you know what its like to be at 284lbs.

Beside all this stuff good for you and keeping at it and getting down the weight

As for your blood work and foods that don't make since as long as you are below your TOTAL DAILY ENRGY EXPENDITURES (TDEE) which you are with 2300 calories your body will use the fats for energy and doesn't store any because you are burning up more then you take in. Even if you eat lots of sugars and fats and you are below TDEE your blood work will get better. Different story happens once you are on a calorie surplus which you already know since you know what its like to be at 284lbs.

Beside all this stuff good for you and keeping at it and getting down the weight

how do you know what his tdee is without knowing his activity level or BF%

I couldn't agree more, I heard Mark Bell on a podcast say the perfect diet is the one you are going to stick with. I have tried multiple and for me personally, the keto has been the most fun with wholesome delicious foods. I don't know the long term plan, but the added health benefits of a ketogenic type diet has me intrigued. My father and father in law are having great success controlling their type 2 diabetes with this program. From what I understand, there are many health benefits from this type of diet, but like everything, I am sure there are drawbacks too. I think the fact that we are all cognizant of our health, that is a step in the right direction.

how do you know what his tdee is without knowing his activity level or BF%

I don't!! Somewhat comparing to me. But if hes losing weight he must be burning more then what he takes in

• Like 1

Not a single person on this board has been to a real 6%

Truth bomb right there. I've been between 10 and 15 percent, years ago (early 20's) and that was a dedication project. Under 10 percent is a huge commitment. 6% is downright shredded. It's a 1 percenter fitness guru thing.

I tried Atkins / keto for awhile once. It was awesome. Like said above ate all the steak and bacon I wanted. Felt fuller faster, lost weight. Maybe the only negative I could remember was: occasionally I felt shaky.

Not a single person on this board has been to a real 6%

Truth bomb right there. I've been between 10 and 15 percent, years ago (early 20's) and that was a dedication project. Under 10 percent is a huge commitment. 6% is downright shredded. It's a 1 percenter fitness guru thing.

its possible theres competitors on here lurking that have gotten that shredded but i dont know of any. yes gurus like berto nunez

-Theres more to it than calories in vs calories out-

-If you want to know why give my wife money-

😂 it all makes sense now