Eat whatever you want but smaller portions till you're losing weight and keep doing that until you get to your goals. Oh and drink lots of water

That drinking water part is huge. I never realized how little water I drank until I started paying attention to my intake. Ill try the whole 30. I do better if I have an outline to follow. Not drinking beer on the weekends should help significantly haha.

What are you talking about? Water is the main ingredient in beer.

Eat whatever you want but smaller portions till you're losing weight and keep doing that until you get to your goals. Oh and drink lots of water

That drinking water part is huge. I never realized how little water I drank until I started paying attention to my intake. Ill try the whole 30. I do better if I have an outline to follow. Not drinking beer on the weekends should help significantly haha.
What are you talking about? Water is the main ingredient in beer.

Especially in my beloved keystone light

It is kinda like hunting.......string and stick works for some, long range for others, right now my motivation is working with the program despite it being so simple as pushing the plate away........it is good to hear of the different ways people are successful maybe I can get mentally tough and develop eating habits that will take me where I want to be!!

It is kinda like hunting.......string and stick works for some, long range for others, right now my motivation is working with the program despite it being so simple as pushing the plate away........it is good to hear of the different ways people are successful maybe I can get mentally tough and develop eating habits that will take me where I want to be!!

eating everything in moderation is like road hunting with a rifle, keto is like hiking a rocky steep hill with a recurve. no foods are bad, just quantities.

• Like 1

eating everything in moderation is like road hunting with a rifle, keto is like hiking a rocky steep hill with a recurve. no foods are bad, just quantities.

Some of us just struggle with road hunting........and just always end up on that rocky steep hill.........maybe someday I will get it!!! :D

• Like 1

My mentality is a lot like yours. I don't do well on basic caloric intake muttering. I do a lot better when I'm actually following something.

about 2 1/2 years ago right before the age of 40 i hit my all time high weight of 207, i had a life insurance salesman tell me if i lost 30 lbs my monthly payment on a policy i was looking at would be cut in half, i also had buddy's at work call me fat butt ha ha no offense taken, but it was time for a change. i cut out all the crap, soda sweets, bread, cereal, tried to avoid carbs, and i joined the gym and started exercising. the weight started falling off, and this routine became a habit, i would still allow myself a treat every so often but if i did i would make it a small portion. i ended up getting all the way down to 159 lbs at one point and felt awesome, i have slacked off for about the last 6-8 months and now weigh 178 but still feel great, a far cry from 207. the low carb and exercise works, people don't need all that diet crap that's out there, diet and exercise and smaller portions can make a huge difference

• Like 2

about 2 1/2 years ago right before the age of 40 i hit my all time high weight of 207, i had a life insurance salesman tell me if i lost 30 lbs my monthly payment on a policy i was looking at would be cut in half, i also had buddy's at work call me fat butt ha ha no offense taken, but it was time for a change. i cut out all the crap, soda sweets, bread, cereal, tried to avoid carbs, and i joined the gym and started exercising. the weight started falling off, and this routine became a habit, i would still allow myself a treat every so often but if i did i would make it a small portion. i ended up getting all the way down to 159 lbs at one point and felt awesome, i have slacked off for about the last 6-8 months and now weigh 178 but still feel great, a far cry from 207. the low carb and exercise works, people don't need all that diet crap that's out there, diet and exercise and smaller portions can make a huge difference

Jesus. I was a (strong) 6'1, 210# at 14!

Eating hi carb "tricks" your metabolism into laying on weight. Low carb unwinds this dysfunctional condition. Watched my younger brother dump weight by the tens of pounds over several months, he quit drinking a couple big gulps of regular soda a day.

Ya no doubt, at 6 percent body fat I would be 185lbs, I would love to run around at 195, I'm guessing I'm 204 right now but havnt been on a scale in a year. It takes a ton of work for me to hit 195 hydrated. I think by October this year I'll hit 195 and peak fitness for race day

All the motivation I need is feeling good and strong but also looking around at people I know or see day to day keeps me from bad foods, crazy how wrecked physically people are in daily life. Most guys I work with won't make retirement age and many didnt