joe hunter

Early archery 27

If I am lucky enough to draw with 14 non res elk points who would be the outfitter to use for an early archery hunt ? I live in NM and hunt elk diy here but never have hunted 27 and really want to have the best operatunity to be successful after putting in for so many years. I have been thinking about 7 w also. Dont know if Ill draw or not but I know Im getting close.

Hunt hard, premium hunts, trophy outfitters. Definitely the best in 27. I would stay away from A3 unless you like to pay double the price

• Like 5

I have heard great things about Hunt hard outfitters. I know they work 1, 27, 15nm,23nm. Just curious whats yours goals on that hunt if drawn? Based on last years results with 14 nonres points,(someone correct me if I am wrong) if you put in for 27 and 7w youre going to get the 7w tag being a max point holder.

• Like 1

Thank you for the recommendations all. My goals are to have a real good archery hunt and hopefully kill a 335 on up. I live in NM and do hunt elk and scout a lot . I started putting in for AZ years ago while hunting my home state for elk and thinking I just wanted to accumulate a lot of points so some day I could draw a real good tag in AZ . I wasn't worried about waiting so long because of living right in the heart of elk country in NM. Now I have about enough points to draw a tag I've been wanting and got to thinking about after all these years I might ought to hire a quality outfitter. I have horses and everything you need to hunt big, rough elk country but instead of taking them over there it would be nice to have a guy experienced in the unit so we can just hit the ground running on day one.

If your want 410" A3 if you want anything smaller do it your self hunt hard

Lol at this. Hate to break it to you, but A3 isnt the premier guide in 27. If the hunt was in 23,9,10 i would be more apt to agree.

Premium hunts hands down

This guy might know what hes talkin about
  • Like 1

If you have not put in yet with that many points I would not do 7W as a second choice if you want 27. Do 27 and unit 1 with that amount of points.