Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

10mm HAM opening day

Dustin (desertmafia) and I had this hunt planned for a while, and it was finally time.

It wasn't until 9:40 when Dustin glassed up 3 little piggies. Shortly there after, we were in their living room. As usual, we walked right up on them. Dustin hit the call, and one hung around just long enough to squeeze one of.

I hit the sow poorly, but we were able to watch her. Once she topped out, we followed in her tracks and I was able to get lead down range and finish her off.

First day hunting with the model 40 and I'm loving it!

post-162-0-21606000-1518240136_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Congrats man I was wondering how it went out there with the 40. Awesome stuff! Were you able to recover the slug?

Last Friday went out to do some scouting in the unit I have a rifle tag for

Climbed one ridge, put up the glass and found a herd within 60 seconds

Watched them a few minutes the noticed a guy across the canyon wathing them also

He called in the calvary and 15 min later 4 Polaris full of dudes showed up

All but 2 of them headed off in the wrong direction. A dad and his son headed toward the herd. The kid shot one with his MLer and spooked the other 12-15 pigs to the rest of the Army

They started shooting at every moving object with their handguns. Surprised no humans bit the dust They got one down but I watched 3 limp off in different directions wounded.

Last Friday went out to do some scouting in the unit I have a rifle tag for

Climbed one ridge, put up the glass and found a herd within 60 seconds

Watched them a few minutes the noticed a guy across the canyon wathing them also

He called in the calvary and 15 min later 4 Polaris full of dudes showed up

All but 2 of them headed off in the wrong direction. A dad and his son headed toward the herd. The kid shot one with his MLer and spooked the other 12-15 pigs to the rest of the Army

They started shooting at every moving object with their handguns. Surprised no humans bit the dust They got one down but I watched 3 limp off in different directions wounded.

That's terrible.