Sign in to follow this  
nateNAU

Please school me on Wyoming

I have been talking with my brother in law and have tenitivly decided to try a Wyoming antelope hunt. Size is not a big objective but rather a good hunt that we can spend time with family and hopefully fill a few tags. We don't want to wait half a decade or more for trophy units. Having second doe/fawn tags would be a plus. Should we wait for left over tags? Are units that have leftovers still possible to tag out on pubic land? Should we consider purchasing land owner tags? What parts of the state/units sound like they would fit our bill? Thanks.

Get info from Adam (Big Browns) and study up like crazy with the wyoming regs and other forums site

• Like 1

you need to be aware of land ownership, you can be cited for trespassing even if it isn't marked

Easiest way to deal with that is to get OnX maps for your phone or GPS. They are fantastic and super affordable.

• Like 2

you need to be aware of land ownership, you can be cited for trespassing even if it isn't marked

Easiest way to deal with that is to get OnX maps for your phone or GPS. They are fantastic and super affordable.

^ this. I wont hunt a new state without it. I actually forgot my GPS once (before they had the phone app) and went and bought one on the way down to a hunt in NM just to have ONx. Its truly the most important piece of hunting gear I have. I would hunt without binos before I hunted without OnX.

Agree with everyone before me. OnX and study Wyoming draw odds. they are pretty easy to understand and can get off their website. If you want to go the easy way get gohunt.com.

• Like 1