Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Savage 12FV?

Anybody have this model Savage? How well does it shoot? David

I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor. Bought it at Cabelas in December for $319 plus tax. Got a Savage $100 Visa reward on it which brought the price to $219! Shoots in the 2's, average .230" out of the box with a Leup 6.5X20 scope. Stock trigger set at just a shade under two pounds. Shooting neck turned Lapua brass with small rifle primer. I think it will do better with a better stock. So I ordered a thumbhole laminate from Boyds that I will pillar and glass bed. I'd say that's darn good shooting for a factory rifle.

Don’t have or owned the model you mentioned, but most savages I’ve come across shoot lights out right out of the box . Not the prettiest but they shoot. I got an old 110 in 22-250 that is ridiculously accurate no matter what you feed it.

I also got the cabelas deal but screwed up the rebate somehow. But it shoots pretty darn good. With a bull barrel and accutrigger you can't go wrong. Especially when it's on sale

• Like 1

I ordered a Creedmoor, but might switch out the barrel since I already have a Creedmoor.

Cell4soul- Is your gun a small or large shank? Im assuming small.

I ordered a Creedmoor, but might switch out the barrel since I already have a Creedmoor.

Cell4soul- Is your gun a small or large shank? Im assuming small.

Not sure. It is the Model 10 Predator.

I haven't done a thing to it.

I am using Nexus 142 grain match ammo. They are a local company up by deer valley airport.