Sign in to follow this  
knothead

Maybe it is time

VERY curious to see how this plays out. I'm always skeptical when any news source quotes 'sources' in a story, but according to the article Trump is going to propose raising the purchase age to 21 for 'long guns'. If the information in the article pans-out, it looks like he is planning on rolling-out several changes that contradict the NRA's stance. :blink: We shall see....

S.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/28/trump-publicly-spars-with-republicans-over-concealed-carry-nra-influence-at-school-safety-session.html

Yesterday trump accused the senators of being "afraid of the NRA" for not putting in a provision to raise the age of rifle buying from 18-21 after the sandy hook shooting. he actually told Diane Feinstein it was a good idea to add her assault weapons ban plan to this new bill. Am I in the twilight zone? Hillary couldn't even do this because the republicans would have galvanized against her.

Yesterday trump accused the senators of being "afraid of the NRA" for not putting in a provision to raise the age of rifle buying from 18-21 after the sandy hook shooting. he actually told Diane Feinstein it was a good idea to add her assault weapons ban plan to this new bill. Am I in the twilight zone? Hillary couldn't even do this because the republicans would have galvanized against her.

Will be very interesting, IMO to see how this pans-out. The established Republicans with their long held base are surely going to have cats (rightly so) with this position from Trump. I would not be a bit surprised to see him back-tracking a bit before it's all said & done, but we shall see.

Is the President coming for our guns??? :blink:

Super crazy (and kind of scary) quote from Trump yesterday: “I like taking the guns early,” Trump said. “Like, in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida — he had a lot of [flags], they saw everything — you could do what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Seriously??? Ugh....

I am an NRA life member and as much as I hate to say it- generally speaking 18 year olds today do not have the commonsense or maturity that an 18 year old did 10 years ago- not all but a lot. I know they serve in the military and in some states can buy alcohol. I don't know what the answer is but I think some politicians feel they have to give in a little to keep from being damaged politically. You can see all the brainwashed kids out screaming and protesting- they are the future voters- maybe we need to raise the voting age to 21

Guys they have already dropped the Assault Weapons Ban bill. 21 is the least of it. None of us are buying anymore if those idiots get their way!

And by dropped I mean there is a House Bill with hundreds of cosponsors including Reps Grijalva and Gallegos.