Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Short Fake Hunt

Archery javelina is my cup of tea, but I have drawn general tags the past two years as well so I could take my twins out to go "hunting." Now, our Daddy-daughter hunts consist of driving a dirt road in my Jeep about a quarter-mile off the pavement so we can hike up a small hill and collect rocks along the way. Our "fake hunts" usually last about an hour with a little picnic lunch of Vienna sausages on the hill. I never expect to really hunt or see anything, but time in the field with my young girls will pay off as the grow older. Well, we get to the top of our hill and within 30 seconds, I actually glass up some pigs at 250 yards. There was a super brute in the herd who looked like a genetic mutant, due to his large size, and I had my eye on him. We snuck into about 100 yards and I set my girls under a tree and told them I was going to sneak in just a bit closer. About 20 yards later, one of my twins yells out, "Daddy, did you shoot one yet!" Pigs started busting everywhere and I shot the first one that crossed my path. It was not the beast I had my eye on earlier, but it was just the right size for my girls and our pack out of the "wilderness."

post-4429-0-54447500-1519582693_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-62578700-1519582738_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-86150800-1519582776_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Totally awesome! This was my first year to take an animal with my boys in tow. It was awesome!!!

• Like 1

Great job Keith!!!!! You defiantly deserve it! Get any sexy pig pics:)

Great experience, nice to read. Had very similar hunt with my 8 year old son when he was 8,

I used my .300 win mag bear gun and went for a neck shot.

• Like 2