Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Police: Son knocked dad out in fight over dinnertime texting

This is what I am talking about.......if I ever would have even thought of laying a hand on my dad......I would have been digging post holes the rest of my teenager life!!!!!

YARMOUTH, Mass. — Police say a father was knocked unconscious by his son outside a Cape Cod restaurant after he told the boy to stop texting during dinner.

Investigators say the pair had stepped outside the Yarmouth restaurant Saturday night after arguing inside. Police say the juvenile then punched his 63-year-old father in the face.

The father hit his head on the ground, suffering serious injuries. Police say an off-duty firefighter who was at the restaurant quickly responded and helped save the man’s life.

The juvenile was arrested and released later that night into his mother’s custody. He is charged with felony assault and battery.

Technology has destroyed the family.

Can't tell you how many times I've been out eating wth my family and seeing the next table over with mom and dad, son and daughter, all four with their heads buried in their phones. No family interaction at all. Sad.

• Like 1

Can't tell you how many times I've been out eating wth my family and seeing the next table over with mom and dad, son and daughter, all four with their heads buried in their phones. No family interaction at all. Sad.

100% bingo!!!!

• Like 2

I would have been the one on the way to the hospital. :(

Yeah, I would assume there must have been a big parenting failure somewhere leading up to this for it to have escalated to that point.

Yes and this is proven by the fact that mother took him into her custody later on this evening. My mom would have left me in jail

• Like 7

I would have been the one on the way to the hospital. :(

You'd have been lucky. I'd have been on my way to the morgue.

• Like 2

I would of been beat within a inch of my life before I could of even thought about throwing a punch. I would divorce that shitbird of a wife of his for picking that punk up too.

Its not technology's fault. Simply a lack of parenting before it was too late would have sufficed.

• Like 5

That's the type of kid who takes a gun to school and shoots up a bunch of kids because a girlfriend cheated on him or broke up with him! You're not mentally right if you decide to knock out your 63 year old dad!

• Like 6

I can relate. I have two stepsons (fraternal twins, seniors in high school) that both tried to challenge me physically within about a week of each other when they were screaming at and trying to intimidate their Mom. I don't take that crap in my house. Never had to hit them but lets just say they won't mess with me or their Mom anymore.

• Like 6