Flatlander

Late Archery Bull... Whose been successful?

Since it looks like I will have a November archery tag this year, by mistake, I am wondering who on here has done it.

Interested to see how you chose to hunt? Water? Spot and stalk? Drink beer and drive roads?

Only thing that is good is the relatively low tag numbers. At least there is that...

Pics welcome.

• Like 2

Ive been successful in the past. I had the late season archery last year, I did not take a bull, but I saw over 100 (600 cows)and I passed up some bulls that people questioned my sanity on

A few photos from last season

post-4480-0-58891000-1520142934_thumb.jpeg

post-4480-0-69796600-1520143038_thumb.jpeg

post-4480-0-20189200-1520143224_thumb.jpeg

post-4480-0-24968300-1520143321_thumb.jpeg

I have had a few late archery tags throughout the years. Killed a nice bull on the last one. We chose to spot and stalk because it rained the week before and changed everything. We saw lots of bulls but not much that we were willing to go after or they were in a place that we weren't willing to go. They will bugle some and if there happens to be a cow that didn't get bred on the first cycle they could be running with cows still. That is how I found my bull.

Here is a picture of my bull.

post-1717-0-53036500-1520226799_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Couple late archery bulls we killed. These hunts are not for everyone as they are TOUGH. PM me and we can chat a little more

Happy Hunting

Maybe someone can give me some tips to get my pictures to look normal. Sorry

post-1932-0-14196200-1520177897_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Depends on the unit....all are not equal. Some late hunts can be very doable and even very good hunts...and others i wouldnt waste the gas money. Spot and stalk/ambush is my favorite way, I have a hard time sitting water.

I usually bed them down in the morning (8-9) and then come in over the top of them. They are nothing like a deer when they are bedded. Best stalk yet was 1 mile to 20yards bedded. Waited 20 minutes before I started throwing rocks to get him up.

• Like 7

I usually bed them down in the morning (8-9) and then come in over the top of them. They are nothing like a deer when they are bedded. Best stalk yet was 1 mile to 20yards bedded. Waited 20 minutes before I started throwing rocks to get him up.

WHALE does work on these hunts.

• Like 2

I tried drawing a late tag last year and this year with no luck. My brother had the tag last year and had an opportunity sitting Salt on what would have been a great late archery bull. The bull showed up while his bow was on the ground and he was reading a book so no shot.

He Came close a few times spot and stalk. I think he could of put a lot more effort into the hunt than he did, but he went into the hunt with the attitude that its a terrible tag and didnt try very hard.

• Like 1

I think he could of put a lot more effort into the hunt than he did, but he went into the hunt with the attitude that its a terrible tag and didnt try very hard.

You mean, he could have like held his bow or something?

I will have a similar attitude, but will try to at least keep a bow in my hand 😀

Thanks guys for the compliments

Good luck on the hunt Flatlander

• Like 2