Photo

Late Archery Bull... Whose been successful?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Zoltar

Zoltar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

late archery started in 22n 1992. 50 tags first years bull only. I drew first year and killed a spike. Not sure when they aded cow tags but  it was not long after they bull hunt started  I would always put in bull first cow second . Drew one or the other almost every year until 08 when I started putting in for the early archery 22 tag. I drew early archery in 2016 and did not kill but had one of my greatest hunts ever chasing bulls and only saw 2 other hunters. Killed 3 cows and a 370 toad bull in the late archery. Sitting water, salt or a hot game trail. Most hunters bail after the first week as they do not realize how difficult the hunt is. Good luck to you

#47 jim

jim

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

I had a 22s late bull a few years ago and killed a small raghorn spot and stalk as he was feeding thru a cactus patch. It was kinda weird hunting them in the cactus country.  

#48 dbov245

dbov245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting
Hello all my name is dave. I drew a late elk tag in az unit 9. I have never hunted elk in az. (Colorado hunted). Any help would be appreciated as i plan to scout at least once a month. Inwould like to have a couple of plans put together for changes in weather. From what i gleaned from my map recon the area is big and flat.
Thanks

#49 yotebuster

yotebuster

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Hello all my name is dave. I drew a late elk tag in az unit 9. I have never hunted elk in az. (Colorado hunted). Any help would be appreciated as i plan to scout at least once a month. Inwould like to have a couple of plans put together for changes in weather. From what i gleaned from my map recon the area is big and flat.
Thanks

Late rifle or archery? (Not even sure if they have a late archery hunt in 9?)

#50 dbov245

dbov245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting

rifle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users