• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Couestracker

Couestracker

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, predator calling, exploring, muscle cars, motorcycles, camping, well, anything outdoors.
Mentored a veteran on PVCI's second Hunt for Hero's Predator Hunt. Unfortunately I wasn't able to call in anything for him to drop. He was hurting bad Saturday afternoon and called it quits.
I went out where I saw some fresh badger holes and called in my first badger. Mean and stinky little guys! It was a male, little more than 9lbs.

0303181920b_Burst01.jpg

0303181924b_Burst04.jpg

FB_IMG_1520391080533.jpg

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Guns, NFL, Gym, Fishing

Congratulations!!!!

#3 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Congrats badgers are cool and mean as heck.

we had one chase Dad and I into my truck than try to chew the tires off while p-dog hunting in seligman many years ago. after I shot it it ran down its hole had to dig that F' er out took most of the night, Borrowed a couple of shovels from Tim Pender. now hes a  full mount ;)

Never called one in seen quite a few over the years but never had a good shot.

#4 Eagle mountain ranch

Eagle mountain ranch

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Never forget my first badger , was drunk as F@ck good times it was in high school that was a long time ago , he still hangs in my old mans garage to this day

#5 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,411 posts

we had one chase Dad and I into my truck than try to chew the tires off while p-dog hunting in seligman many years ago. after I shot it it ran down its hole had to dig that F' er out took most of the night, Borrowed a couple of shovels from Tim Pender. now hes a  full mount ;)

Tim Pender. Now there's a name I haven't heard in forever.

All over Az in the big red truck

#6 Couestracker

Couestracker

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, predator calling, exploring, muscle cars, motorcycles, camping, well, anything outdoors.

Tim Pender's a full mount? ☺

#7 Swivelhead

Swivelhead

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Met the man (Mr. Pender) on a Boquillas cleanup a number of years ago.  Never spent much time in that part of our state but my buddies that did have a huge amount of respect for the man.  Hope he's doing well. 

Congrats on the Badger too!  Not big on badger mounts but I think the pelts are amazing.

#8 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Tims a cool dude. Probably one of the most coolest game and fish cops I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I spent about 3-4 days a week during the summer for many years up in seligman shooting p-dogs. even got to go spotlighting for the black footed ferrets with him well before they introduced them.

I hadnt seen him since he retired from G&F many years ago. I heard he moved but I have no idea.

his house there in town was Awsum, the inside was freaking incredible.

#9 Swivelhead

Swivelhead

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

LOL, I've got a mental picture of digging out a man chasing, tire chewing, gut shot badger out of a hole at night.  I'd wager that every shovel full of dirt had a certain amount of excitement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users