Sign in to follow this  
Eagle mountain ranch

Kitchen knifes

So I was wondering with all you chefs, and good cooks if you could recommend a good set for the wife. While looking around on the net there are sets anywhere between 30-1200 $ , and she isnt getting the 1200 set Ill tell you that . Thanks

Wustof Classic or Global

• Like 2

werent you the 51 bucks an hour guy? Buy the 1200 dollar set!! But seriously, I use a few that a friend of mine made and I use fish filet knives. 10-15 dollar filet knife lasts 6 months of veggies and meat then buy another.

• Like 1

werent you the 51 bucks an hour guy? Buy the 1200 dollar set!! But seriously, I use a few that a friend of mine made and I use fish filet knives. 10-15 dollar filet knife lasts 6 months of veggies and meat then buy another.

Making money and spending money wisely are 2 different things.I do like your thinking though with buying and replacing.We usually eat out every night, but she’s been into the whole “hello fresh” thing where they send you meals and you prep and cook them.
  • Like 1

Cutco. Best knives I’ve ever used but felt like buying Swaros...

Thanks , I also see they are made in the U.S.A. which is always a factor I look at before purchasing. Looks like momma might be getting a set of these . Thanks fellas
  • Like 1

Cutco. Best knives Ive ever used but felt like buying Swaros...

+1 buy once cry once. They will even come to your house whenever u want to sharpen them for free

mine are some cheap ones my mother gave us for Christmas years ago, I keep a oval shaped diamond hone next to them and give them a quick sharpening every time I put them up

my butcher kit is Victornox by Forshner, they take and hold one heck of an edge, when people use them for the first time I warn them that these knives show no mercy, if you touch your hand with the blade it will cut

As someone who has spent more than that on sets of knives, I would recommend forgoing the knife set and buying individual knives. Do some research, tons of info out there. If she wants everything to look pretty, buy a set. If she wants everything to cut perfectly, buy individually.

• Like 2