rossislider

Left Over Elk Tag List B.S.!!!

I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but here is a thought. I suspect a lot of people will apply for these "left-over" tags. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you still pay $13 a pop in application fees for left over tags, even if you aren't drawn? That ought to be a nice little chunk of money for AZGFD. I'm all for AZGFD getting funding, but not like this!

No, they dont. When you apply for a leftover tag and are not successful they just send your envelope back return to sender without cashing the check.

Thanks for the clarification.

It doesn't make me any less annoyed with AZGFD. I believe that in most forums I am a big supporter of AZGFD. While that won't change, this aggravates me. Someone or someone's kid was next in line and should have gotten those tags.

I agree, too many people over-react without knowing all the facts. Finishing 2 or 3 weeks early sounds great, but not issuing tags to applicants who did everything correctly is something they can never get back.
  • Like 1

Just gonna throw this out there maybe the draw was correct and they just messed up on the leftover list. But everyone losing their minds to try and hang game and fish over one leftover tag in unit 1 and 4a is kind of crazy.

• Like 1

Instead of seeing this as a bad glitch, I would actually see it as second chance to snag a tag for your kid. You fill out all 5 choices and time the mail properly theres a good chance you will get a tag. I did the same thing for deer last year and got my 3rd choice.

It's gotta be right, after all it was updated April 14. (sarcasm)

• Like 1

Just gonna throw this out there maybe the draw was correct and they just messed up on the leftover list. But everyone losing their minds to try and hang game and fish over one leftover tag in unit 1 and 4a is kind of crazy.

An error on the list is definitely a possibility and I would definitely feel better about that than a draw error.

But the concern about the leftovers isnt about a handful of medium quality cow tags. Its the shadow it casts on the whole process. Because if they are using the process as they describe it, and the statistical data they provide is accurate, then something is not right.

That leads me to ask are they following the process they have prescribed and by statute are required to follow? And are they publishing accurate data?

Personally, I believe the data for the most part is accurate.

So then what is going on with the process? And is there a QA QC strategy?

A few years ago the auditor general for the state did a comprehensive review of the Dept and one of his major recommendations was to provide more checks and balances in the draw. I wonder if that is happening?

• Like 2

An error on the list is definitely a possibility and I would definitely feel better about that than a draw error.

But the concern about the leftovers isnt about a handful of medium quality cow tags. Its the shadow it casts on the whole process. Because if they are using the process as they describe it, and the statistical data they provide is accurate, then something is not right.

That leads me to ask are they following the process they have prescribed and by statute are required to follow? And are they publishing accurate data?

Personally, I believe the data for the most part is accurate.

So then what is going on with the process? And is there a QA QC strategy?

A few years ago the auditor general for the state did a comprehensive review of the Dept and one of his major recommendations was to provide more checks and balances in the draw. I wonder if that is happening?

I've said the game and fish can do what they want with the draw (give tags to whoever they please in exchange for info, among other things) for years and everyone said I was crazy and Noone would ever do such a thing. There's never been anyone to check that system and how it works. But I didn't need a couple messed up cow tag leftovers to tell me that. I just think in this case the list was messed up. It's just such a stupid mess up its hard to believe. But what I do know is we will never know because all they are gonna do is say oh sorry just a glitch and those tags aren't available for leftovers now. No way they offer to go back into the draw and see if it was messed up if it really was.

I read guys losing their minds, figured there was gonna be like 100 leftover tags per unit. I look, 1 tag. Lmao

• Like 1

I know this is talking about the elk draw, but this same thing happened to my buddy during the deer draw last year. He didn't get drawn but the 1st hunt he put in for ended up on the leftovers list. He called and all the lady said is something like "oh well, I didn't get drawn either and not everyone gets drawn BS". Never really answered his question 🤔.

I read guys losing their minds, figured there was gonna be like 100 leftover tags per unit. I look, 1 tag. Lmao

It is hilarious until your kid put in for that hunt as a first or second choice and were instead given a bonus point. Not saying it was my daughter who would have gotten that tag, but there is no good excuse for there to be a "left-over" tag if someone who put in for it didn't draw. It this case it is probably well over 1000 that put in for most of these and didn't get drawn.

• Like 2