Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Good Lord....What Is Wrong With ME???

Seems like a perfectly normal idea to me. Everyone needs more guns!

^ The voice of reason.

I'm working on or gathering parts for 6 builds right now. Anything that's worth doing is worth doing to excess!

looks like I might have been pointing a finger or two and maybe even some toes at the wrong guy over in the barrels thread.

I say 6x47L!!!! Love to see how that comes out!! I enjoy you expensive addiction its fun to read about and it doesn't cost me anything :)

What would you have to do to get the weight closer to 7#'s, if that's even possible?

Funny you ask. I was just talking to someone about this very thing.

TI SA BDL

Manners EH4

22" #1 or #2 contour maybe fluted

Talley lightweight direct mount rings

Vortex Razor HD LH or Leupold.

• Like 2

A light mountain rifle is what I would build. The Swarovski Z5 was really nice and light but out of my price range when I bought my VX-6. I didn't like the reticle in the Vortex LDHD scopes but they were really light too and looked pretty clear.

I loved the NightForce SHV 3x10 but I wanted a little more magnification. It was TANK of an scope though and clear. It felt like you could pull it off the rifle, beat something to death with it, and put it back on the rifle and it would still be perfect.

Dude , do a lite weight build , I excited to see how it turns out ..

Maybe next, I will try and go really light weight. But for me, a 10# rifle is pretty darn light.

• Like 1

Gathering parts for a new build (again). AxisWorks will be building it. Eric and I have already had some discussions about it.

So far, I have ordered:

Lone Peak Fusion TI SA w. standard .473" bolt face & nitride bolt (Titanium action weight is 23oz w. steel bolt) 4 weeks out

Manner PRS2 stock in Tac Swamp w. M-5 DBM inlet for Proof Research 1.200" Sendero contour (weight should be right about 38-39oz) 4-6 weeks out. It was a flat top in stock, which should help speed up turnaround time.

Getting prices on a Proof Research 6mm/.243" 1:7.5" twist @ 22-24" (42-43oz after chambering)

Going to run an AxisWorks DBM set up and AI mags (10-12oz?)

Probably a Trigger Tech Diamond trigger (5-6oz?)

March F1 3-24x52 FML-1 (unless they finally come out with a better reticle) (24.5oz)

APA Little Bastard brake (4oz)

Probably swap out the bolt handle for a CF one like on my .280AI (1oz savings, but more for looks)

Seekins 30mm medium (.87") rings (7-8oz)

FlatlineOps level (2oz)

Total weight goal: Right around 10lbs all in (unloaded) looking at these conservative numbers.

Will be chambered in something like 6x47L, 6XC, 6CM, etc. I want to try and push a 105 around 3000-3100.

Lone Peak Fusion TI SA actionFuzionTi_Gallery-2_zpsyg3lvsil.jpg

FuzionTi_Gallery-3_zpsngawhc3n.jpg

Manners PRS2 (bottom stock)

Manners-PRS-Stock-PRS1-PRS2_zpsrfkgy7fm.

But in the Tac Swamp colors like these (should look fairly similar to this rifle)

ord0501_02-Large_zps4f0quoje.jpg

Here is my CF bolt knob on my .280AI20170817_154124_zpsycfnmr2s.jpg

Hey Lance. My buddy just turned me on to a website to find some decent deals. You have to join to look at their deals. It is Dvor.com. They currently have a .243 26 Proof Research blank with Sendero contour and a 7.5 twist for $499. Pretty dang good deal if you are willing to go to a 26 barrel.

They have a .277 26 Proof barrel with a 10 twist for $369.00. If it was an 8 twist Id be all over it and do a build around the Berger 170 EOL.

It looks like this website is part of Optics Planet

Well, guess I made up my mind on cartridge choice.....6CM.

Ordered 200 pcs new Lapua 6.5CM small primer brass this morning.

$112/100 pcs (×2=$224)

-$20 gift card

-$97 Cabelas Points

Free shipping

=$137 for 200 pcs shipped

I agree. Just wondered if there was any other reason you stayed away from head stamped alpha. With everything you load for I didnt know if you used it and thought it was junk.

Never used it. I have read a lot about it. High brass content for slightly lower case volume, but supposed to be pretty good stuff. But I KNOW Lapua is great stuff.

• Like 1

Anything I plan on shooting high volume gets Lapua brass. Primer pockets seem to get loose on Nosler or Norma too quickly.