Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

Alamo is dropping

9 veritical feet is a lot. Especially when many bass have already made beds and some already spawned leaving those out of the water.

• Like 1

I talked with the lake store yesterday.

They assumed that both ramps will usable for the next 2 weeks. Then likely the cholla ramp will be unusable, then 2 weeks later the main ramp and eventually the dirt ramp will be used .

As for its affect on fishing... I wish I knew

All the drama for 9 feet.

It is really not drama it is the blatant ignoring of the civilians by the Government entity once again. And yes 9 feet at this lake or any other lake this time of year is very detrimental to the fish populations that spawn shallow. Thank god they all don't spawn at once but with the water temps and time of year this will hurt the population.

• Like 1

Not all fish spawn at the same time or spawn shallow. This may effect the overall fish population a little bit. But probably not a devistatoin.

1 time = not so bad

Several times over the next 5 years = very bad.

• Like 1

Bad news is, the lake is dropping and there are several guys catching bass and aggressive crappie on beds as we speak. Their eggs will be high and dry before long, and the fish moving in next will likely suffer the same.

Good news is, I can say with certainty that many large female crappie are still prespawn, feeding on schools of shad in 60 FOW+. As long as the drawdown goes at outlined, and stops by April 1st, there should be a sufficient spawn IMO. Especially with the cold front up there this week.

It shouldn't be the end of the world but Alamo was absolutely lined up for a much needed "super spawn" this year to fend off the retirees, Californians and other nonresidents.

I was headed back this weekend but now I’m not sure. Barttlet is low and has a algae bloom. Might have to make my first trip to Roosevelt

I was headed back this weekend but now Im not sure. Barttlet is low and has a algae bloom. Might have to make my first trip to Roosevelt

Bartlett is on fire right now for bass. But problem is they are the same ole Bartlett rats. A 2# bass is a monster out of there.

I was headed back this weekend but now Im not sure. Barttlet is low and has a algae bloom. Might have to make my first trip to Roosevelt

Bartlett is on fire right now for bass. But problem is they are the same ole Bartlett rats. A 2# bass is a monster out of there.

Isn't that how Alamo is also?

Isn't that how Alamo is also?

Could be I suppose? I haven't been out that way in over a decade.